N2WKENDS

Clear Bra Removal

Easy way, pay someone else to do it!

Harder way, order the kit from the web, spend 12 hours of your time removing it like I did.

The chemicals, skill, tools and labor is going to cost no matter how you approach it.

Looks simple enough but I think the car wrap product is different from Diamond Shield and also the car wrap product has not been on this car for several years which would make it much easier to remove.  It would be great if it were that easy to remove after it had been on a coach for several years.

Jim S,

I agree, just pointing to the principle that using steam aids in the removal process. Also it's interesting to note in the video they recommended pulling it away from the surface opposite of the material vs. pulling up and  peeling it back toward it.

When they get old there is no peeling that junk. You scrape it off. A good chemical to loosen it up so it's softer than cement is a huge help along with steam. Believe me steam did absolutely nothing by itself, I tried to cheap out, no such luck, that approach did work on my friends coach. I also tried 3m's product to loosen it up, all that did was brown out the mold.

The kit I bought had a cream to apply the day before, heat and scrape, the kit also came with tools gloves, goggles, tarp and adhesive remover, waxes and paint cleaners. Worked like a charm. 

Mine was covered in black mold and cracks, there was no peeling anything!

Joe.  I'm currently in the same boat as you where!  I'm also 74, you were 44 when you did yours!   I'm going to call 3M in the morning and find out if there is a chemical difference between the Film, Diamond Shield and wrap, other than thickness!

Just had my 2004 DP clear bra removed and replaced by Diamond Shield , and it was in bad shape.  No re-painting required and the total cost was $2,200 plus tax.  IT IS BEAUTIFUL!  

Call Jason at Diamond Shield 888 806-5862 and ask for Gentry to do the work. 

ENCORE

Rush

Finally about 75% completed removing the horrible looking 3M Mask from my 2006 Winnebago Journey. It took lots of trial and errors but finally got the right equipment to complete the removal. Many many hours of labor, but it really is the only way to remove it. I you have questions, please feel free to ask.

2006 Winnebago Journey 36SE 

Cummins 300 ISO

XgGV1VwGTJaxaStenByHdg.jpg

BGQ%WQ64TZ248A45ttO6BQ.jpg

4WRZzrV%S6ykwrVkKWcKQA.jpg

7TuEIzjmR%KBPaspdlWLTw.jpg

ZwDNt2EGRVSKgMhn9EQz6A.jpg

iqLj5g0ATWuofaRBrSqCJQ.jpg

17kxAN5lR9WSJRduGkn3pg.jpg

Al. Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for the photos...what will you do now, re paint or put more of that &%$# stuff on?

I was very fortunate when I had mine removed. It only cost me $500.00 and the front look great.

Now I will tell you why it only cost $500.00. I had a Boo Boo on the front of the coach and that was my deductible. James Stalling the owner of Xtreme Graphic in Nacogdoches Texas convinced my insurance companies adjuster that there was no way they could match the color of the paint without removing the 3M #&^%$.  It worked and as I said it looked good after it was buffed and waxed.

Herman

On 12/1/2017 at 8:39 AM, F207364 said:

Just had my 2004 DP clear bra removed and replaced by Diamond Shield , and it was in bad shape.  No re-painting required and the total cost was $2,200 plus tax.  IT IS BEAUTIFUL!  

Call Jason at Diamond Shield 888 806-5862 and ask for Gentry to do the work. 

ENCORE

Rush

I would not put it back on. 

Bill