cpenn

Tire Replacement Recommendations: 275/70R/22.5

Replacing all six motor home tires...275/70R/22.5...Asking for suggestions on which tire, Michelin, Continental, etc, would be the best for the money.

I am a fan of the FMCA Continental program. Last Friday and Today I had all 6 of my 275/80R22.5 tires replaced. See my outer post about why it took 2 tries.:o  

http://community.fmca.com/topic/11267-difference-in-ride-load-range-g-vs-h/

after it was all said and done It cost $3288.13 out the door. I saved $1164.72 over the list price and the BIG one I saved $613.64 over using the FMCA Michelin program for comparable tires. :o:P

Bill

I have had the HSR on the steers for 3 years and looking at the  Conti Hybrid HD3 for drives 

only because I have been in snow  and slimy camp ground stuff

If no chance of ever needing traction go with the regional all position tires   

There is almost always some lower cost tire available. At least lower cost with initial purchase. One thing many forget when selecting a brand is availability of either warranty support or of just finding an identical tire if you get a puncture and just need a replacement.

"Mud-Wumper-4" bought from "Billy-Jo-Bob's Cheap tire and Bait Emporium" may be low cost but you may not find anyone else that stocks the Mud Wumper line and it will cost you an extra $200 for shipping a tire across country.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:34 PM, hermanmullins said:

"Billy-Jo-Bob's Cheap Tire and Bait Emporium" are a FMCA Commercial member?  😂

Herman 

Herman, for you they probably give a 1% discount :lol:

2 hours ago, RSBILLEDWARDS said:

I am using a Goodyear 275 70r 22.5 HSA steer all four corners 500 a tire mounted and balanced. The ride is just fine.  M's price was greater   B

That is about what my Continentals cost. Base price $418.00 + mounting and balancing  + taxes + disposal. 

So far they ride great, In Joplin tonight.

Bill