wla7pca7

Entry Door On 2014 American Eagle

The entry door on my 2014 American Eagle will not open.  The door is not wedged.  It is free in the frame but will not release from the bolt the jaws wrap around.  In other words, the jaws do not release.

Any experience with this problem that may help me?

Thank you.

Can you get inside the coach?

I would think something broke or shifted in the handle that is not allowing the handle outside to open the door.

I think I saw a post somewhere where a rod inside the handle had bent and therefore wouldn't release the jaws.

If You can't get inside - a Locksmith MIGHT be able to help - but repair to the door frame is a possibility too.

Good luck and please report back when you get this figured out. 

wla7pca7, The link below covers what I did to replace the door handle and lock on our coach. 

Could you post information on the make of the make of the handle and key assemble installed on your coach. 

Rich.

Note- I could get the door to open by lifting up on the handle so it would rotate, might work in your case! 

wla7...you already made a post on this door a week ago!  Why again?  You wrote that you climbed in the driver window and opened the door, then found a pin that was miss aligned...:blink::wacko:

2 hours ago, wla7pca7 said:

Carl, ... So, you think I posted twice on purpose?

Do not think that was Carl's thought. I have hit the submit box more then once myself. Real easy to do and it does happen every so often.

The question is have you managed to get the door to open properly or get that stubborn assembly out of the door?

Rich.

I think I figured out the problem.  The "striker pin" (my definition) did not strike the "trigger bar" (which unlocks the door), and thus the door would not unlock.  Upon visual inspection the trigger bar seemed to be slightly worn at the point where the striker pin touches the trigger bar.  I glued a small clip over the top of the trigger bar at the point where the striker pin touches the trigger bar, thus making the trigger bar a bit higher at the strike point.  The door has opened perfectly since this fix.  I think of the trigger bar as being similar to the trigger on a mouse trap.  A slight touch by the trigger pin and the trigger bar instantly releases the door.  I may be wrong but, so far, it works perfectly.  Just hope the glue holds.