bobts

Milwaukee To Ft Myers Mid November

Question

We are members and this November we will again be driving our 28' Class C to Florida from Wisconsin.

We expect to leave Milwaukee around November 15th. We are flexible on our departure date and route south.

We would appreciate any feedback or suggestions from other members regarding fun stops during this journey. We like Wineries, Craft Beers, barbecues, civil war sites, lakes, rivers and waterfalls.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 answers to this question

You can always go South on I-55 to West Memphis go over the Mississippi into Memphis. Lots of BBQ to take in plus Graceland. South out of Memphis on US 61 Through Clarksville and Greenville (a bit off to the West of 61) to Vicksburg. There is a lot of History in Vicksburg including the Vicksburg National Military Park. Follow 61 on south to Natchez Mississippi again lots of History and wineries. 61 on into Louisiana to Baton Rouge and into New Orleans. More than enough to see and do in NO.

Out of NO and back into Mississippi to Gulfport, Biloxi, Pascagaloula and Mobile Alabama. in Mobile there is the Battleship Alabama. From there it would be on to Pensacola where the Blue Angles are based. Out of Pensacola I would drop down to US 98 through Ft Walton Beach to Panama City and continue on down to the beautiful city of Apalachicola. From there on Florida awaits you.

Herman

I was pretty sure I had a good answer on this and then I realized that anyone who was capable of using Google Maps would have the same information that I had.  If they posted here, they either had no clue or were looking for more information than simply the route.  If you want the best route, use Google Maps.  If you want someone to tell you where to go and what to see you will need to give us a whole lot more information on what you want to see.