pmwiseman

Marcus Lemonis

We have two CW's now and their plan they announced last year is to close one, unfortunately it is the better one. 

😰You are correct,  my mistake BPS and Cabelas are a good match. Here I go again where my mouth was in gear before I ever started my pea brain.

Thanks for catching it.

Herman 

His CW stores are terrible and mismanaged.

He was quoted in an article not to long ago about how he doesn't like RV people. 

Thats enough for me to stay away from his businesses.

2 hours ago, jleamont said:

His CW stores are terrible and mismanaged.

He was quoted in an article not to long ago about how he doesn't like RV people. 

Thats enough for me to stay away from his businesses.

I suppose it would be hard to get to know any RV people if you only go from the back seat of you limo in order to climb into your private jet...

2 hours ago, jleamont said:

Any chance you have a link-- would love to read that article.

I find it very interesting there is all this negativity towards Marcus Lemonis. Why? Is it because he is such a successful businessman? I'm serious, I don't understand. I'm a Good Sam's member and hate to enter a Camping World store but sometime its necessary. I would never use them for service and would not buy a RV from them because of their service reputation. But....by the opinions of many FMCA members being voiced on another thread, FMCA members are voting to become just like Good Sam without their benefits.

My questions is - why is there so much disdain for Marcus? 

BTW, since going public less than a year ago, the stock has almost doubled.

Elkhartjim: that's why we have to vote to allow towables, so Marcus can buy us out, merge us with Good Sam and we can all become happy campers in the "The Good Fam Club". 

13 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Any chance you have a link-- would love to read that article.

Actually he said he hated motorhomes.

Good Sam Club CEO: “I hate motorhomes.”

lemonis763(Friday, Oct. 7, 2016) — Good Sam Club and Camping World CEO and Chairman Marcus Lemonis, on the day of Camping World’s IPO and its first day of trading, told CNBC he “hates motorhomes.”

“We don’t like motorhomes because they don’t turn as fast, they’re not high margin,” he said on Friday when talking about the future of Camping World. “We sell them, but they are not big for us. It’s really about selling warranties, insurance, roadside assistance, service, parts.”

Lemonis told CNBC that about 3.3 million RVers of an estimated 9 million in the United States, “have given us money in the last 24 months.”

With 11.4 million shares, Camping World’s initial public offering Friday raised $251 million. It’s trading on the New York Stock exchange as CWH.

3 hours ago, gulya said:

Elkhartjim: that's why we have to vote to allow towables, so Marcus can buy us out, merge us with Good Sam and we can all become happy campers in the "The Good Fam Club". 

What would he buy? He is a smart business man and smart business people don't buy something unless it has value. Does FMCA have any financial value? Maybe some furniture and fixtures. 

My Hummingbird brain, tells me that Marcus has no wish to acquire FMCA!  Why would he?  Not because of Insurance or roadside assist, etc. there are a lot of FMCA members who already pay for that via GS!  Most of us, me included are life members of GS.  ML today, is indirectly worth about 2.5 Billion.  CW went public, but the majority of that stock is owned by a holding company, that is owned by Marcus L. 

My personal feelings for ML as a business man, is that he's very good at what he does....I just don't like the way he does it.  He's taken a lot of small businesses and group them together under his umbrella company, by helping them from bankruptcy, he takes 50.1% because he has the cash flow.  The original owners, have in affect lost their business forever.   

I agree 100% with everything you said, Carl. Like you, I don't agree with his way of doing business and I'm sure that is another of the many reasons I don't have $2 billion plus. 

BTW, I'm working on my first billion and so far I think I can get there in another 103 years if the rate of inflation continues. :rolleyes:

If he is going to be the next Wal-Mart I need to buy stock now.  The early investors in Wal-Mart became mega Millionaires!