alanluher

Central Vac On 2004 Monaco

alanluher,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

I would start by checking the switch where you plug in the hose. Perhaps the door is slightly ajar or the switch is slightly recessed. May even be a loose wire/contact at the switch.

If not, check the switch wiring at the vacuum itself.

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

My cleaner comes on during the night but I let her sleep. 😴

Herman 

Same here.:)

How does it normally operate? Does it start from a switch, when you open the hose door or when you insert the hose? Three different scenarios with three or more solutions. 

Got tired of messing with mine, so I got a Dyson Stick on sale at Low's. :wub:  Linda got one for her coach also, then the house and my Dyson Ball now lives in the shop!  Both our (she has a 40 foot Phaeton, DP 350 Cat) central vac systems are in the other shop! :lol: 

Getting rid of our central vac was one of the first changes we made after buying our coach. The central vac didn't seem to work as well as my Dyson so it went out and the Dyson came in! I really like the extra cabinet space in the kitchen too! (40 ft Gulfstream DP) 

If the on board vacuum fails to adequately provide enough suction...check the hose about a foot behind the hose plug in/starter.  Ours had a kink in it.

We have a Dirt Devil central system. Betty really likes it, because she will not use it. She made it my job.🙄 I think that it does a good job.

Obedb, same system in ours, never used it. When you plug the hose in ours turns on, either location (kitchen or bedroom). We also use a Dyson cordless, resides in the bedroom in its cradle out of sight. Between the bag of hose and needing to purchase clean out bags we opted to forget it was there. It's unplugged now.

Linda told me, hers also would all off a sudden come on...found a crack in the door, Duck tape fixed it...Dyson fixed it better! :lol:

Well I never had one of those fancy coaches with a central vacuum.:lol: I bought a Hoover windtunnel with the pivoting head. I think it does a better job than the Dirt Devel central units I have seen.;)

Bill

On 8/26/2017 at 1:11 PM, obedb said:

We have a Dirt Devil central system. Betty really likes it, because she will not use it. She made it my job.🙄 I think that it does a good job.

Borrow a Dyson and vacuum with it, then tell me it does a good job.  :D  We have a compact (fold down handle) Dyson.  The first time Louise used it she said, " Where did all that dirt come from?"  We have carpet.  The built in may work OK on tile or hardwood floors.