markandlisav

Closet Update

Did a quick upgrade to the RV closet today.  Lined the back wall with cedar planks.  Cost about $35 for the materials at Home Depot.  Smells good, looks good - wife happy... 

Before

IMG_0427.JPG.4f746506d484034d01365cc73781e229.JPG

After

IMG_0428.JPG.49168be5b4dd0ae6ba8cb53a21205580.JPG

Been here done that in an S&B. I hope you have better luck on the nice smell staying around.

Looks nice, and happy wife, happy life.

All it takes to have the nice smell is scuff the surface a bit and it will continue...i know  a bit dusty and you have to remove the contents...been there done that. Make the closet tighter.  By the way looks great!

2 hours ago, RSBILLEDWARDS said:

All it takes to have the nice smell is scuff the surface a bit and it will continue...i know  a bit dusty and you have to remove the contents...been there done that. Make the closet tighter.  By the way looks great!

planking was very thin. About 1/4 inch, so not much impact on making it tighter.  You're right though. much thicker I probably would not have done it.

Linda thought about spraying some along with Peppermint oil in and around the bays...trying to keep small & big critters out. :P I told her that combo would defiantly keep me away! :lol:

Carl, just don't mix the two, both do work well for their perspective jobs, also a trail of sulfer powder around the perimeter of the RV helps to keep snakes and rodents from entering the coach/ RV. Happy new year all.

13 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

sulfer powder

Wouldn't the outcome be similar when grandpa tosses his stogie onto the ground near the coach...kinda like on Christmas Vacation when it hit the storm sewer :lol:

Joe, not quiet, would need to add ground charcoal, sugar, salt-p****, to get that same outcome. LOL!:wub: Just smells a little but does work pretty well. I watched C V for about the 400th time again this year, I still like Robin Williams RV the the best. Idon't think that I would use it in my new closet though.

Joe, Kay,

A lot of the ranch real estate  folks in Texas, dust their boots and pant's leg in Sulfur powder, in the summer, keeps the chiggers away.  I know that works, I used it at Linda's last May and no chiggers, her son forgot.  Man, he looked like he had taken a bath in Poison Ivy oil !:lol:

We keep an old white sock with sulfur powder in is with a knot tied at the top. Makes a perfect duster for when you are going out into un-mowed grass and weeds.

A good thing to keep in the coach is a Gallon of Spectraside (spelling?) Bug Stop. when you know there are ant around spray it around the tires, mud flats, and all hoses. It will kill any insect that crosses it.

Herman