2stroker

Door Lock With Dead Bolt & Key Fob

I have a 2006 Inspire and starting to have a problem with opening the door. I have used spray, some good stuff and it lasts for a while then hard to open door, even with the door open the handle is hard to work, it will snap. 

I removed the 3 screws and tried to remove the inside handle to get to the 5 digit code but can't remove because of a spring and I can't get to it. Don't want to mess up the lock using the key fob.

So has anyone remove there door lock and replaced with a new Door Lock? Do I need to remove the inside skin of the door.

Here is what I want to replace it with, any help would be great.

https://www.prvparts.com/product-p/30-900.htm

2 stroker

2stroker.

Pictures always help - it sounds like your current door lock does not have a dead bolt?

There are a number of different setups and I'm not sure of the spring you are referring to. Is it connected to the remote / fob actuator assembly.

You surely should not need to remove the outside skin ! 

This is a link to one model latch that might match your"s

http://www.trimarkcorp.com/en/media/product/050/050-0250_Rev11.pdf

Rich.

Note! the 30-900 series is not a remote capable unit.

18 hours ago, DickandLois said:

2stroker.

Pictures always help - it sounds like your current door lock does not have a dead bolt?

There are a number of different setups and I'm not sure of the spring you are referring to. Is it connected to the remote / fob actuator assembly.

You surely should not need to remove the outside skin ! 

This is a link to one model latch that might match your"s

http://www.trimarkcorp.com/en/media/product/050/050-0250_Rev11.pdf

Rich.

Note! the 30-900 series is not a remote capable unit.

Rich

No it has a dead bolt. t is just like the one in the link I post. I called the company and they said I need the 5 number code, but I can't get the spring off to remove the inside latch. I am think of calling Dave Root, he has resealed all my window but not the door window to get an idea what I have to do. Thanks for the comeback.

What make/model MH? I assume you presently have a TriMark remote system in working order, right? That picture is of a standard door locking mechanism, a dead-bolt is actually a solid steel  bolt that slides into a matching receiving hole in the door frame.

When my latch on our Winnebago got so hard to pull DW couldn't open the door with one hand I  began adjusting the striker bolt. It had moved inward and upward enough to cause the problem. I looked up the latch adjusting instruction on the Winnebago website and adjusted accordingly.

You must get it out and provide the lock company with the number of both components the outside half and the inside half, they are not all the same. Winnebago, for instance did not have the proper lock listed in their drawings, i had to take out the lock to get both numbers.

On 9/25/2017 at 10:45 AM, 2stroker said:

It is a 2006 Country Coach Inspire and it has a dead bolt lock.  It looks just like the one I posted and you can see the bolt at the top. 

2 stroker

OK, I'm over my head here. The website you linked shows an entirely different Trimark lock than what I'm familiar with; I suggest you email Jack at the address on the webpage for instructions on removing your present lock. Sorry I can't help.