gthatch

Check Engine Light Winnebago View

Sorry for this long post, but it may be of interest to other Winnebago View owners. So I recently took my 2016 Winnebago View to my dealer for a recall issue related to some sort of electrical control module. My check engine light was also on (no other dash warning lights, engine running fine). Dealer completed the recall issue, but said they could not check or fix the check engine light because they did not have the necessary code reader to read check engine codes for Mercedes (I think that is unusual for a dealer that sells a lot of Sprinter-based RVs). Said I must go to a Mercedes Sprinter dealer, so I did. Mercedes dealer looks at my unit and said I would have to take it back to Winnebago dealer because the check engine light was coming on due to something Winnebago did to the wiring at time of manufacture . Frustrated, I called Winnebago Customer Service. The agent stated the check engine light was activating due to the previously discussed recall issue, and that since the recall was now fixed and the troublesome module was removed, the Mercedes dealer could now turn off that check engine light. So I tell this to the Mercedes dealer service manager; he says they cannot get the light to go off. So I call my original Winnebago dealer back. They tell me to take it to another local Mercedes Benz Sprinter dealer with which they have a better relationship. I am now waiting for an appointment. I have tried using the battery disconnect under the dashboard to see if that might reset the light, but that did not work. Any other Winnebago View owners have such an issue?

Gary, Hilliard, Ohio

Welcome to the forum. There are several people with Sprinter based RV's on here hopefully they will chime in. I have no direct experience. Let us know what you find out.

Bill 

Gary, you mention that the check engine code was on prior to the upgrade. So you might try to stop at a parts store like Auto zone and see if they can read you code for you.

Many other parts outlets also have code readers - give them a call and see if they offer the code reading service.

Hillard is in a good sized metropolitan area, got to be a few good options.

Rich.