buwanda

Using a LLC in Montania... Does It Work Well?

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Jim.  I'm Texan by choice.  Also American by choice!  Swedish/Norwegian by birth and blood...born in Sweden!  Complicated. :lol: 

yea, but we don't hold any of that against you, love you just the same :lol:

On 9/7/2017 at 7:28 PM, manholt said:

Jim.  Don't know about Hill Country. :o We are at Durant, OK., KOA 54 mornings and 80 day, very dry  and sunny! :wub:

I'm seriously thinking of buying some acres in Montana and make it my domicile, not for taxes or license fee, but because it's the 3rd largest State and only has 1 million people! :o Texas would be our second home and used in winter! :)  

We are looking at the Whitefish/Kalispell/Libby area to buy but it is very pricey. I think Thompson Falls is one of Montana's best kept secrets. Looking at Priest River ID as well.

Buwanda As a Michigan 1/2 resident I feel your pain. We recently purchased our MH and found out that the  MI. plates would be about $750.00 per year and maybe more. We are a 1/2 year resident in FL. as well so after some research we found that we could title and plate the MH in FL for 96.00 for 2 year plate  using our FL. address. The state sales tax is nearly the same so no savings there. Mi. is 6% and Fl. is 6% + 50.00 for anything over 5,000. I do not think the Montana LLC is a safe bet any longer. States are taking a big beating on the loss of sales tax revenue and it is worth their while to pursue those they think are titling in Montana to save the tax.

1 hour ago, Tmahanna said:

Newby here!

What is a one post poster???

Welcome to the forum. When some one ask a question but never post a follow up, It is always good to get feed back on whether a answer was helpful.

Bill