Sign in to follow this  
talgutbir

VIP(smart) Wheel Wiring

The wheel buttons have their lights on all the time.....

Just traced the 4 wires from the wheel and they end up at the CCM (multiplex cpu) at the front run box.  I guess Monaco connected the wheel directly to the multiplex system instead of the VIP controller.

I have 4 wires going into the CCM: Data+, Data-, Smartwheel ground, Smartwheel +.

Any Idea if I can wire it to the Ign switch so it has no power until I turn the key to ON?  Or do I need someone with a laptop and software to program it?

Have you talked to REV tech?  My guess is that you can wire it to lgn direct.  What year is your Monaco and model?

I did call REV, they have no clue since they can't find my coach's wiring diagram.... :-(

Its a 2010 Dynasty Majestic (was built in 2008).  I also noticed that the light inside the dash switches ( so you can read at night what they do) comes up when I turn the living room light on, not sure if this is how it should be or they wired this one wrong too....(it also comes up when I turn the head lights on)

I will take a picture to show where the wires connect...

IMG_20170902_102704.jpg

IMG_20170902_102750.jpg

When I look at some of the many wiring systems, and various other systems on these beasts, it's a wonder any of it works.:(

Talgutber.

I did call REV, they have no clue since they can't find my coach's wiring diagram.... :-(

Its a 2010 Dynasty Majestic (was built in 2008).  I also noticed that the light inside the dash switches ( so you can read at night what they do) comes up when I turn the living room light on, not sure if this is how it should be or they wired this one wrong too....(it also comes up when I turn the head lights on).

I will take a picture to show where the wires connect. Your pictures look lick the modules covered in this information. It might help? Wiring files are difficult to find! 

Meters and wire tracing tone generators are 2 of your best friends and a commitment of your time. Always ask questions and pictures like the ones you posted do help.

This is a copy of the 2010 Owners manual that might help. Page 210 and others cover some of the information. The Manual is 304 pages long.

Rich.

2010_Dynasty_owners_Manual.pdf

I had this problem in my 2014 American Eagle and discovered I had the ignition switch in the auxiliary position.  I was easily confused and turned the key all the way  counter clockwise.  I needed to stop before the far left position.

On 9/2/2017 at 11:46 AM, FIVE said:

When I look at some of the many wiring systems, and various other systems on these beasts, it's a wonder any of it works.:(

At FMCA in Indy, they had a Prevost with the wiring compartment opened, no way to work on that, just go to the manufacturer and pull out your credit card.  I was amazed that Talgutbir was able to trace the wiring through the spaghetti that exists beneath my dash.  :D

13 minutes ago, TBUTLER said:

At FMCA in Indy, they had a Prevost with the wiring compartment opened, no way to work on that, just go to the manufacturer and pull out your credit card.  I was amazed that Talgutbir was able to trace the wiring through the spaghetti that exists beneath my dash.  :D

Tom, Just got to ask how long it took to trace it out and too repair?

Rich