punxsyjumper

Anybody Going To The RV Show In Quartzsite Jan 2018?

QZ dust is different and more intrusive.  More like fine silt.  Dust is pretty rare here in MI with so much asphalt, grass and water.  Very little of any of those things in that dump.

DD69,  I was referring to what it does to a DP and Air Filter.:o  Inside dust happens all the time, that's what my Dyson Stick is for!  None of my stick and brick houses move, but the still need cleaning...the joy of ownership! :ph34r: 

We have been 3 times and have never had a bad experience or even bad weather.  Must be about 600,000 more people like us that had a good experience or no on would be there.  

Going to Quartzsite for the 1st time in January.

I have a 25ft class A. Debating whether not to tow a car as well.

Can I ride a bike from where I dry camp to the tent? or to the town itself?

Where would be a good place to dry camp?

I have heard about the dome rock area but I want to have access to things by bike.

Any tips would be appreciated! 

1 hour ago, StressLessCamping said:

Does the FMCA do an official meet-up / space in Quartzsite or? We're relatively new members (signed-up last year at Quartzsite!) and plan on going back this coming year (2020). Thanks!

I don't know who is doing Quartzsite but just down the road is FMCA's 101st International Convention & RV Expo in Tucson AZ. 

Bill

Yup we will be there, maybe even on time for the big show. Hoped we would be headed that way early this season but some health issues have reared their ugly heads. I just made it another year older and someone must have flipped the wrong switch. This is a totally  new experience and someone else more experienced should be dealing with it. I have not had any issues until two weeks go other than joint deterioration. Yes Carl, Boondockin is Grrrreat as Tony say!!

No the FMCA does not do a "sanctioned" event as a rule. That said there are countless sub clubs and groups that do have events all over the surrounding desert and tens of thousands purportedly participate likely as the beginning of the winter RV season. It is a very interesting experience to say the very least. We happen to enjoy the desert and there are 10 of thousands of acres to experience. The geology is fascinating and hundreds of miles of bike,  jeep, and ATV trails for all skill levels. Services are adequate but come prepared to wait if you are short arriving for the first 10 days.

If you want to be close in to town, be prepared in advance to have a place selected and to pay. This is a small town and with a small town attitude that puts up with the influx. It is their sole income season and it lasts about 2 months It is not a foodie destination in the slightest but some pretty good home style cookin can be found and enjoyed if one is patient...no one is in a hurry. 

I love Q, so many great, friendly people there. What's really fun is parking my 25 year old Bouder next to a 45' $1M+ coach and lowering their property value. GRIN

Richard

It's only a 2 year old post, some folks here may take offends to your thought...we don't care or  differentiate with what your coach is worth, age or type RV!  Yes, most folks like Q, for me it's a ways to go, so we stay in Texas during winter..get's to cold at the ranch, we have another S&B in south Texas!

Enjoy yourself & hope you make the Winter FMCA Rally in Tucson, in March...we'll be there!