punxsyjumper

Anybody Going To The RV Show In Quartzsite Jan 2018?

Going to be in NV this winter so we are planning to move around a little bit. It will be our first time going to a big show like this. Just wondering who else will be there.

21 hours ago, desertdeals69 said:

I go every year. I live in Lk Havasu City about 80 miles to the north.

Very cool. We were through there last winter but never made it to Quartzsite. We spent a few days in Kingman and spent about a week in Bullhead City. We did go see London Bridge and that was cool. My wife is from London so she walked on the bridge over there and also in LHC. We will be in Pahrump from Dec 1st and then go to the RV show. We'll look for ya. We are going to OOBerfest while we are there too.

If you want to get into an RV park with hookups you better make some phone calls now.  I "did" Quartzsite as a vendor for many years but never did understand the fascination of the place.  If you like to run around on an ATV in the desert I guess it's great but there are many deserts.  If you are looking for a deal, there are none at Quartzsite as Kenny King and his Magic Tent show just gets more and more expensive for the vendors so they can't give you a deal and still make money.

Head for Yuma if you must as the dealers at the market place there actually do offer deals.  Most anything is better than Quartzsite in the Winter.  Usually, cold and windy or, if not, warm with the possibility of massive flooding should it rain.  When the wind blows in Q it's that ultra fine silt and even if you never open a door or window in your RV, somehow all your horizontal surfaces will be dusty.  So glad we don't have to go any more.

Bill A,

When do dealers go to Yuma? We are in the Phoenix area for winter and would go there if worth while. 

I stopped in Q on my way to Santa Monica, CA. in 2004...dusty, barren and can't see why anyone sane, would want to make that a destination! :blink::wacko:

Many of the QZ dealers are in Yuma before and after Q.  There is a large Arizona Market Place where it's pretty much a swap meet or flea market atmosphere but there are all things RV there as well.  The are open the entire Snowbird season.

4 hours ago, manholt said:

I stopped in Q on my way to Santa Monica, CA. in 2004...dusty, barren and can't see why anyone sane, would want to make that a destination! :blink::wacko:

Who says I'm sane???

As a trucker I stopped at the Pilot in Quartzite a few times over the  years, and always after dark. Wondered about the place and  the magic attached to it. Now I have an idea that it would not work for us, but to each his own.😎

6 hours ago, obedb said:

As a trucker I stopped at the Pilot in Quartzite a few times over the  years, and always after dark. Wondered about the place and  the magic attached to it. Now I have an idea that it would not work for us, but to each his own.😎

I agree with your signature. GW bridge got me once and never again.

Is FMCA still doing QZ booths?  They used to give out left over copies of previous months magazines which I thought was brilliant!

Not sure who manned the booths but none of them were sales people.  Just folks handing out material.

4 hours ago, jrnjkpalmer@gmail.com said:

WOW, I guess with the number of RVS in Quart. every year there sure are a lot of us insane people out there. we go every year.

We will see ya there. Maybe I can find a straight jacket that color coordinates with the coach, haha.

10 hours ago, jrnjkpalmer@gmail.com said:

WOW, I guess with the number of RVS in Quart. every year there sure are a lot of us insane people out there. we go every year.

That's the only explanation I can find.

3 hours ago, desertdeals69 said:

Sometimes they have 100k plus RVs.  I think it made Time mag cover some years ago.

They don't have that many RVs there specifically for the RV show but there can be a large volume of RV's that camp in the desert on BLM land for cheap for short and extended periods of time.  You REALLY need to love dry camping.

Almost everyone that is there goes to the RV show at least once.  There is a lot going on.  Several flea markets, gems, rv parts, rv salvage store, etc.  There are many that spend a month or more there dry camping.  Remember we have self contained RVs.  A lot have solar panels to keep the batteries up.

RSBILLEDWARDS comes to mind, I think he spends 3 months or more...I guess it's "One mans trash, another's treasure"!  I like solitude, but with a Mountain/green valley view!  My coach don't breath good in dust...found that out after a 10 day stint in Rocky Point, Mexico!

Ooohhhh, forgot about the dust!!  Not sure what's so special about QZ but the dust is terrible (when it's not raining).  Even if you never open a window you will find every horizontal surface needs dusting every day.  Imagine how much gets into those places you can't reach!