Sign in to follow this  
olliejr

Falling Headliner: 2006 Winnebago Vectra

I have an 06 Winnebago Vectra. The ceiling liner has started falling throughout the whole coach. It is a super clean unit other than this problem. Would like to have it repaired professionally. If anyone has had this problem would you please give me some advise on what I can do.

Olliejr, Welcome to the forum !

Repairing it should not be a big issue ! The glue holding the liner up or in place degrades over time, heat is the biggest culprit. 

Have had some older cars and still do - get the headliners repaired at interior repair shops, might just call around and see if one does coach headliners.

Rich.  

Ollie,

It won't be easy no matter what you do. Is your ceiling vinyl or the carpet  (aka fuzzy)?  The head liner should be put in as panels and secured with trim straps. 

The best way is to remove the liner then peal back the fabric then remove the dryed adhesive. As Rich said the old adhesive drys out and must bè removed. It is dry and new adhesive will not stick to is.

I agree with Rich, see if you can find a shop that remodels RVs.

Herman 

After having my roof replaced because golf ball size hail put holes in it I have one panel that was coming down about 2/3 of the way across the ceiling.  We were getting ready to go on our 4 month trip last year and the repair center we take our MH to used 1/4 round molding, stretched the liner and fixed the molding to the side.  Looks funny with one molding but it has held it up there and is only really noticeable when it is pointed out by us.  Our problem is trying to find a panel that will match colors. Ours is an 08 Winni.