desertdeals69

Freightliner Service: Gaffney

I had my coach repaired at Freightliner in Gaffney 3 weeks ago and I am happy with the outcome, my transmission shifting problem was solved.  I knew what the problem was, a broken wire, but lacked the skills to reprogram both computers.

On my way home to Az my compressor would not shut off and the safety valve kept opening.  It was on the weekend but I called Freightliner and was told incorrect information on the routing of the 1/4 in lines.  I thought I knew better but tried to go on their recommendations. They told me that my dryer was plugged.  Wasted a lot of time trouble shooting.  Woke up at 3:30 Monday morning and called tech help again thinking I should get a different tech.  I did and he was just as confused.  I asked if he could email me a schematic of the air system and he said he would.  None ever came.

At 7:00 Monday morning I called a local truck parts and repair service in Cookeville Tn and spoke to a mechanic.  I asked for a complete description of the air system and he answered all my questions including that he had all the parts that I would need.  Determined that the modulator was bad to I drove 7 miles to the shop and bought a new one.  $11.25 and 20 minutes later I was good to go. I bought a second one to have as a spare as suggested on the forum.

My conclusion is that the tech help that Freightliner has on the weekend is not the ones you want to talk to.

DD, Frightliner is going through a personnel transition from those with years of experience to the new kid on the block . The second item is the older technicians know where the paper manuals are filed. The newer coaches somewhere around 06 and 08 are on computer PDF files.

Will they catch up? Time will tell, but I have run into the same problem this past year.

At the same time the repair center in Gaffney still is doing good work, was in just about 2 months ago and got good work. Ms.Pat is near retirement and So Much information will go with her !!  

Rich.  

DD,

The purpose of the spare is that you will not have another problem with the same item.  After years of buying spares you can open your own retail shop.

Yep, I carry some spares also.