HRJimmy

No Hot Water

Make shure the bypass valve is moving all the way. I once had a problem where the slot in the lever was rounded out and didn't move the valve body all the way.

Bill

That's why I went to Home Depot and got a brass ball valve to replace the plastic POS.

HRJimmy.  Good.  What was the answer?  So we can help the next one!

Ok this is a big guess but I remember reading about some hot water heaters having a check valve. This could be plugged/stuck. I can't find a drawing but I would bet it is on the "Hot"  outlet from the tank. 

Bill

Attwood !  6 & 10 gallons.

What you mean?  No power to coach or none to water heather?  Have you checked your hot water diode?

Check your outside shower, make sure both the hot and cold valves are shut off. If they are open and the switch on the handle is clicked off the hot and cold can mix.

I agree with Wildebill.   Your water heater likely has a check valves on th outlet which is stuck.  Replacing it is the only solution. 

This happened on my 2001 Suncruiser several years back. 

We had this check valve problem.  The factory installed a plastic check valve in the hot water heater outlet.  DUH!  When ours broke, the broken piece would periodically completely or partially block the outlet so we would get a little hot water and then none, back and forth.  We couldn't get the valve out of the water heater but were able to get the obstruction out.  That "fixed" it.  Apparently this valve is required by the RVIA code.  I think it is primarily there to prevent back flow into the hot water heater when using the bypass valve when winterizing the coach.  When we finally did replace the water heater, I made sure they put in a brass check valve.  These are standard items at RV supply stores.  Should be no problem finding one.

Check valves can be found at most RV stores as well as Lowes, Home Depot, other building supply stores, as well any plumbing store. I agree that a plastic one is a bummer since hot water must go through it.

My aunts have also faced the similar problem, but it was water heater who gave trouble to her, last month. She has tried many attempts to get it fixed by her own but failed each time. Thanks to the team heating repair service Morris County NJ team who gave her worth hiring service and got the water heater repaired in a day. If you haven't got your issue solved than you can also switch to this option. Might be you can get some help. Good luck.

AFisher,

Interesting that a residential/commercial HVAC/plumbing company would be familiar with RV water heaters. That would not have been my first stop.