southwind32v

Hydro Hot System Exhaust Smell

2 hours ago, manholt said:

What is a gen-turi?  Aqua Hot does not smell, if it does, it needs service!

Carl, a gen-turi is an extension for the generator exhaust to direct it up above the coach. 

I don't know if it would work on the AH exhaust but I don't see why not as it is just a exhaust pipe and it has a gap at the bottom so there should be no excessive back preshure.

Bill

I just have the aqua hot serviced at $970 the  smell I'm talking about is the smell of diesel that goes into my neighbors window and I'm wondering if I can use a gen-turi to exhaust the smell of the diesel up and over the top of my coach 

A generator will give you exhaust fumes!  I have not smelled any such thing from my Aqua Hot.  $970?  Made of gold?

WBILL.  I remember now, had one parked in front off me at Indy....that thing was very loud, but it did do the job for the Generator!  As far as AQ is concerned, I would call the manufacturer and get their opinion in wrighting! 

Next time save yourself some money. If you have limited DIY skills and a few tools you can do this yourself. DIY service kit $249.99.

http://www.aquahot.com/products/rv/Annual-Service-Kits.aspx

I can be sitting very close my exhaust I can't smell a thing. If your neighbors are getting a smell in their window something is wrong with your unit. 

If you smell Diesel, either the nozzle wasn't replaced, wrong one was installed, it wasn't installed properly or you have a fuel leak in the unit that is dripping raw fuel into the combustion chamber or air fuel ratio is off.

Do you have any smoke while its running? Not at start up, but after 15 seconds? I ask as I made a mistake when installing my burner, it wasn't seated properly which allowed for a rich burn, I had black smoke.

Last year I had my AH  serviced by an authorized AH service for $195, no tax.  This was at a rally so maybe the price was reduced, but the prices noted above  seem a bit high.  I got what they called the ''annual service"...fuel filter and nozzle replaced, burner cleaned, it did not need any fluid..

When I did my last service I replaced the nozzle $30.00 Pressure cap replaced $15.00. It took me about an hour to do it. My burner combustion chamber was melted and cracked from over fueling, as it turned out the nozzle hadn't been replaced in 6 years which was the cause of the failure. Not part of a Normal service to replace a combustion chamber, that set me back $295.00. I was shocked how easy it was, hats off to Monaco for its placement, easily accessible.

As far as the $970 charge it was broke I called Aqua Hot RV and they recommended a mobile guy I called him he spent about 6 1/2 hours on it as far as the smell it just smells like diesel exhaust pipe is clean no sute. Next time I will service it myself thanks for the great tips  I appreciate it a lot 

SW32.  As Joe said...raw diesel smell=leak or improper nozzle.  Sorry that you had to spend that kind off money, for nothing! :(

7 hours ago, Southwind32v said:

As far as the $970 charge it was broke I called Aqua Hot RV and they recommended a mobile guy I called him he spent about 6 1/2 hours on it as far as the smell it just smells like diesel exhaust pipe is clean no sute. Next time I will service it myself thanks for the great tips  I appreciate it a lot 

When they break, hold on tight to your wallet. Replacement parts are expensive, the routine parts are fairly cheap. Ours was rebuilt a few years back (prior to is owning it) the receipt for parts was over $4000, that was the last receipt I could locate, I can only assume that was the last service also.

I purchase my parts from Rodger, his link is below. Genuine Aqua Hot parts, and when you purchase parts from him the repair advice is free. He is a certified Aqua Hot technician. 

http://forum.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Aqua-Hot-Questions

Carl, from the look of the receipt they replaced every part except the main boiler housing :o. Don't know what problem they were chasing but when you replace everything inside you're bound to fix it :lol: :wacko:

Arm the parts cannon Matey's  RRRrrrr :lol::lol:

I had mine fixed this summer. The electronic control box is very expensive. Total bill was about $900.00  The unit would not stay running. The repair also included annual service nozzle, cleaning &  fuel filter

Lloyd Degerald services mine unit several times. Mine also would not keep running. Lloyd discovered a cracked photo cell. Part was $192.00 and was replaced while he did the annual service at no extra cost.

Herman 

3 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Lloyd Degerald services mine unit several times. Mine also would not keep running. Lloyd discovered a cracked photo cell. Part was $192.00 and was replaced while he did the annual service at no extra cost.

Herman 

I remembered this story, every time I open mine I clean that and look it over carefully. It sits just behind the nozzle. The manual says to clean it also while in there.