Eagleinaz

Back-up Camera Problem

One of my relatives backed into the rear of my coach busted it up. In the same time frame, the TV/monitor showing the camera rear view developed a shaky line in it. Bought a Vizio TV replacement I was told at the store it would work as a monitor. Camera picture is all snowy and dark. I talked to a Vizio agent they told me....nope. That TV does not work as a remote monitor.

My coach is 20 years old. A Sahara Safari 1998, the TV/Monitor was a Panasonic big fat body, the camera was black and white with the coaxial wire connect. Don't know if it really works but if it does what TV supports a that old of a connection anymore. I could  have a color or black and white camera mounted on the back somewhere and I don't care if the monitor is in the overhead TV it can be mounted on a 10" - 11" screen at a better spot. I am headed north to Oregon Hwy 395 from Arizona. Anybody....where can I find a store that sells back-up cameras, what is a good brand/model, how hard to install or do they do it, what can I expect to pay? I know I will save a lot of money if I can find the right TV but what a hassle. Thanking ya'll in advance.

I am Eagle Many Hats, Desert Turtle Clan, Chemehuevi Indian Tribe, Colorado River. Traveling by 98 Sahara Safari sporting a Bengal Tiger. Might be pulling a Honda Big Red or a Maroon Cargo Chuttle with our Indian motorcycles or we just might be riding lite saving fuel, give us a wave or a holler CB is on

Eagleinaz. thinking you run into a format issue. The older equipment was NTSB(Anaog) and the new format is digital. 

The drive line you are seeing could be the result of camera damage or just old age in regards to the monitor.

Might get lucky and find working equipment at one of the salvage yards regarding the camera and monitor or just go and update the system from the current selections on the market.

Rich. 

I would sure not rule out a hardwired new camera and monitor.

Call Tim at: http://www.rvcams.com/

Let him know exactly what system you have.  He will be able to tell you if there is a system that can use your existing "back to front" wiring that is already there.

Is wireless an option, sure.  But if all it takes is an adapter front and back to hard wire it, that is a better solution.

I have had to replace two camera systems on two different motor homes. Installing a new cable was a pain, but doable. If I have to do it again, I will do cable. I don’t want to have outside interference blank out my camera as what happens with my TPMS when a truck passes me. 

My TPMS is integrated with my Silverleaf, so I check PSI about once an hour.  To my knowledge, I have not had Truck interference!  I did have a problem with black out on my rear and side cameras, last year.  After more time and money than the system was worth, a bright young tech found the splitter...The system is Sony,  but not the splitter, put in a $25 new Sony and it's worked flawless since!