LuckyPuppy2

Benefits of Diamond Shield

I would never put it on my coach. It doesn't last and is hard to remove/replace. I think it is something that soundes good but doesn't realey do that much.

Well that is my observation and opinion.:o

Bill

Lucky Puppy 2.  Welcome to the Forum!

It cost more money than it's worth to remove and apply.  Just another piece of Bling!  You don't see it on cars or OTR trucks.  My coach is 7 years old and it lasted 5, now I'm looking at $3,000 to have it removed, it's no protection against Love Bugs or other flying insects at all.  When they came out with full body paint on coaches, I used diesel on front...no bug problem!

Would like to know what year, make coach you have?

Pros, cant think of any, maybe help against stone chips if you are a driver that follows that close to the traffic in front of you.

Cons, have to replace every 5 years or so, expensive to put on and take off. Looks terrible around the 5 year timeline

When I had my last coach painted I was offered Diamond Shield for $1250.  So I asked how much to repaint the front end and was quoted $850.  I just sold that motorhome after 5 years and the original paint was still perfect.

I tend to appreciate it (Diamond Shield) or any form of clear bra type protective covering for that matter on the front my motorhome. I also have it on my automobiles (3M Clear Bra). Yes, it's expensive and as some state a PITA to remove (actually, using steam will aid in the removal). I appreciate it due to the fact that it does mitigate the damage of road debris more so than many may recognize in the form of sand and other common road contaminants that without it will "sand blast" the front painted portion of the motorhome hence the reason manufacturers' install it to begin with.

Just had my 2004 DP 3-M bra removed and replaced by Diamond Shield.  GREAT JOB and warranty - no re-painting.  Total cost $2,200 plus tax. 

I highly recommend asking Jason for Gentry to do the work. Phone 888 806-5862

ENCORE

Rush

FIVE.  It had to have been after 2010, I have what's left of my DS, in a pitted mess on the front...been quoted over $3k twice to remove it, by 2 very reputable company's.  Have asked if they use steam, been told that works fine on 3M film, not DS! :angry:

15 hours ago, manholt said:

FIVE.  It had to have been after 2010, I have what's left of my DS, in a pitted mess on the front...been quoted over $3k twice to remove it, by 2 very reputable company's.  Have asked if they use steam, been told that works fine on 3M film, not DS! :angry:

The Allegiance was an 09 made in the spring of 08.  When we sold it in June 15, the DS was still good.  I did try to take care of it, routinely put Protect All or something similar on it.

Stay Away

I would not recommend the 3M product or whatever kind of clear plastic you have, does not last and mold/mildew forms under the film and generally looks like crap. Very time consuming and expensive to remove.