Greetings Fellow RV'ers!

It's been a while since I've posted anything.  But wanted to get the learned insights on the latest options for toad set ups.

I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 150 4X4.  I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I was talked into selling it.  (Got a great price for it).

The Jeep was my toad.  I used the Blue Ox tow plate/bar set up with the M&E Engineering supplemental braking system.  Didn't have a great experience with it. But I think it had more to do with who installed it than the system itself.  But it is a bit expensive.

In Texas we are required to have a supplemental braking system if you are towing with your RV.  I already have my Class B license.  I tend to end up needing a pick up when I get where I'm going anyway, so I figured it's time to just bite the bullet and start towing the Dodge.

Any thoughts or insights on the best options that have the best safety, ease of use and reasonable price is greatly appreciated.

RR,

If you have the Blue OX Tow Bar you can use it for your truck if it rated high enough and your receiver is also rated for your truck. You can get the base plates for your truck from Blue OX.

If you had your M&G Brake removed you can trade it in.  Your are correct that it can be expensive if you have to replace  it all new.

Good luck,

Herman 

On 9/9/2017 at 6:32 PM, hermanmullins said:

RR,

If you have the Blue OX Tow Bar you can use it for your truck if it rated high enough and your receiver is also rated for your truck. You can get the base plates for your truck from Blue OX.

If you had your M&G Brake removed you can trade it in.  Your are correct that it can be expensive if you have to replace  it all new.

Good luck,

Herman 

It is worth having the M&G system for a 2001 Jeep removed (the costs of labor) to get the credit?

RR, as mentioned, to remove shouldn't take much more than an hour at the most. I pulled the last one from an 03 Wrangler before we traded it in 30 minutes. Installation always takes longer as you are trying to route stuff to keep it protected, so there is a delay, to label and remove is much faster.

Give Monty a call at 902-675-2812 and ask the trade in value. You can get two units, a new unit with a life time warranty or a remanufactured unit with a life time warranty. The reman. will save you a bunch.

Herman 

Copied from their website:

EXCHANGE PROGRAM: This program applies to original purchaser only. This program is not transferable. A new M&G brake cylinder may be purchased at a discounted price to fit a new towed vehicle. When you purchase a new towed vehicle and your M&G cylinder will not transfer or fit the new towed vehicle, simply call M&G and purchase new M&G cylinder with a credit card for the full retail price. M&G will ship to you the new cylinder with a pre-printed UPS return label. Return the old cylinder to M&G. After M&G receives the exchange cylinder, we will credit your credit card $180. Therefore, the exchange price will be the difference plus freight when the cylinder is returned to M&G.