HRJimmy

Refrigerator Won't Work On Inverter

Once again have a 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

Just had my cooling system changed.  Since then the frig doesn't work with the inverter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jimmy

Jimmy,

Let's go through this:

Was the refrigerator cooling system worked on, or the engine?

Does the refrigerator work on propane?  If so, you know it is getting 12 VAC to the PC board.

Do other appliances (commonly microwave) have power from the inverter.

Does the refrigerator work on 120 VAC shore power/generator?  That would suggest that the refrigerator PC board and heating element are good.

Thanks for getting back to me.  Ok the cooling system was changed and it works good on propane and shore power.  I haven't tried any other appliances yet. 

That suggests an inverter issue, as the refrigerator PC board and heating element "don't know the difference" between shore power and inverter.

Check to see what other "normally powered by inverter" appliance and circuits are not powered.

Check breakers in any sub-panel powered by the inverter.

Check the (normally) two breakers on the inverter itself.

Lastly, some RV manufacturers a have two outlets behind the refrigerator.  Only one may be inverter-powered.

Thanks a lot just checked everything and it's working now.  Don't know what happened but it's doing fine now. 

Thanks for your help. 

Have a good day 

Jimmy

We don't know what coach you have but mine (and most others with a load management system) DO NOT supply 120 VAC power to the frig when running the inverter from the batteries.

Lenp

Well Lemp, we don't know what coach you have or what refrigerator. It would be nice if you put the information on your coach in your profile and in your signature.

Now if you have a dual power source (propane or electric) and you have a icemaker You have a receptacle behind the refrigerator with a circuit from the inverter. One plug just pases 110 if it is avalible the outher provides 110 for the icemaker when you are using the propane power source. 

But you are right most times the inverter is not used to power the refrigerator. However I am using the inverter plug to power my residential refrigerator all the time.

Bill  

Bill (and others),

Sorry about the signature - it must have been lost with the latest system upgrade.  Should now be there.  

If not, 2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom upgraded to include a Samsung residential, 750 watts of solar, Bogart Panametric battery monitor.  Frig and small freezer are powered by a dedicated 2000 watt pure sine invertor.  The "stock" invertor never did power the frig - frig only had 120 VAC when on shore power or generator.

Lenp

I have a 04 HR Endeavor and also have Samsung residential refrigerator that I run on the  original modified sine wave inverter.  I just have it plugged into the receptacle that supplied the ice maker in the old Norcold.

Jim