rlbarkleyii

5 CENTS FUEL DISCOUNT CARD

2 hours ago, TBUTLER said:

Saving the dime when I can is why I have a thousand to spend.  Why burn money? 

Totally agree.

5 minutes on Gasbuddy the day I know we need to refuel will save hundreds of dollars a year.  Good investment of my time.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:02 PM, RAYIN said:

Apparently PFJ is owned by Jimmy Haslam and TN Governor Bill Haslam.(son)

A detailed story of his life about football and beginning Pilot  Oil filling stations may be read here: http://fleetowner.com/people/reflections-truck-stop-life

Anyway; I don't mind paying more for diesel fuel when convenience and amenities for a comfortable rest break are handy. I'm still surprised by folks that pay over $300,000  for an RV balk at paying $30 more for 100G+ of fuel to power that investment. I sure didn't stop traveling when diesel fuel was over $5/G, now it's under $3 and I'm traveling at half-price.

No matter is any of us want to believe his statement or not, it is true.  Depending on how much you spent or if you bought your DP new or used, you could be bleeding anywhere from $500 a month to $5,000 or more a month in depreciation.   So in the whole scheme of things if you go through a bunch of diesel in a month and spend an extra $30 to $50 does it really matter?   

So in the whole scheme of things if you go through a bunch of diesel in a month and spend an extra $30 to $50 does it really matter?   

Of course it does. $360 - $600/year equates to 10 - 20 free nights at a campground.

Yup, this "is $360 to $600 a year important to YOU are is it just noise level" is certainly of different levels of importance to different people.

While I fall into the "it matters to me" from watching people pull into gas stations one block from where I stop for $.020/gallon more and not even being aware of it/caring, I understand that some have different priorities.

NO PROBLEM-- do what is important to YOU.

Took 98.47 gal at a Chevron Truck stop Tuesday, outside North Austin, TX.  2 blocks from Pilot and Loves, both where $2.499 a gal.  I paid $2.249 a gal. :D  Lone Star had the 50th Anniversary Rally, at Durant KOA, OK.  Diesel was $2.229 - $2.299, until we got to Paris, TX. then it jumped to $2.499 +, that's more expensive than Houston, TX. 3 weeks ago!  Yes, gas buddy is your friend!!! :) 

Diesel was $2.169 @ Buc-ee's 2 days ago in Katy, TX

Regular unleaded was $1.889

The price is up in the Texas because drivers caused a gas/fuel shortage by filling up every time they saw a station open. Basic economics - supply and demand.

Oh....diesel at Loves Truck stop on same exit was $2.649

Diesel in Medford Or was $2.75 at Pilot and $2.99 at the Chevron right next door  (both cash prices).  All other prices within 2 miles averaged about $2.89 according to Gas Buddy.  It's definitely a regional thing.

Price gouging is alive and well in Texas...HEB is $2.499 across the state for Diesel and $2.549 for regular.  Linda sent a mailing on them and Strips to Austin on Tuesday!  

You guys are complaining about cheap diesel. :P It was running $3.30 to $3.40 in Pa. I waited because Gasbuddy said it was cheaper in Va. It was $2.55 not as cheap as home but about what I have payed on this trip.;)

Bill

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:06 AM, wolfe10 said:

Yup, this "is $360 to $600 a year important to YOU are is it just noise level" is certainly of different levels of importance to different people.

While I fall into the "it matters to me" from watching people pull into gas stations one block from where I stop for $.020/gallon more and not even being aware of it/caring, I understand that some have different priorities.

NO PROBLEM-- do what is important to YOU.

I was simply pointing out that most of us suffer a lot more than $360 to $600 a year in depreciation on our coaches.  In addition we are running all over the country in buses that get anywhere from 5mpg to 8mpg.  After considering all of that trying to find the absolute cheapest diesel prices within 50 miles of your location is a priority?  I guess what is most important to me is looking for a fuel stop I can easily get in and out of and a station that pumps a ton of fuel.  If I happen to find one that is cheaper then I can buy premium beer that month I guess.

If I can save the cost of a case of imported beer, each time I fill up...then I will do so.  I have a 150 gal. tank and buy on avg. 92 gal. at a time....Due to my involvement with FMCA and the Shriners International, I travel about 14,000 miles a year in coach! :) 

2 hours ago, ISPJS said:

I was simply pointing out that most of us suffer a lot more than $360 to $600 a year in depreciation on our coaches.  In addition we are running all over the country in buses that get anywhere from 5mpg to 8mpg.  After considering all of that trying to find the absolute cheapest diesel prices within 50 miles of your location is a priority?  I guess what is most important to me is looking for a fuel stop I can easily get in and out of and a station that pumps a ton of fuel.  If I happen to find one that is cheaper then I can buy premium beer that month I guess.

While we all or almost all of us suffer from depreciation. That is a fixed cost and not to much you can do about it. Watching expenses on things we can control helps when we are running all over the country in buses that get anywhere from 5mpg to 8mpg. Go read what I posted earlier. I don't drive miles off the road looking for cheaper diesel but I do check ahead to see if it is cheaper or should I fill up now. I also shop for the best price on tires and outher maintenance items. 

Bill