Sign in to follow this  
rvannoy1

Power Gear "Engage Parking Brake" Light Blinking

I have  2004 Country Coach - Inspire with Power Gear levelers.  I was moving our coach from one campground to another yesterday and when we got there my leveler would not work.  First of all when I pushed the button to let the air out of the airbags, It wouldn't do anything.  Then I realized that my slides wouldn't go out.

Then I came back and learned that there was a light blinking at the bottom left hand corner which said to "Engage the parking brake"  and the parking brake was engaged.  I have checked all of the fuses that I can find having anything to do with the leveler. 

Can anyone tell me what I should do to get it working again?

Robert

Without a wiring diagram for your unit it is difficult to troubleshoot your problem.  with the the information provided I would start by releasing your parking brake and pump your brake peddle a couple of times. I'm thinking that there is a pressure switch in you brake system that senses that the parking brake is set before it will enable the leveling system.  If you can located that switch you could bypass it and see if the corrects your problem.

Jim 

Happened to me in my 2008 Winni.  Sat in the driver's seat, foot on break, released parking brake, shifted a few times from N to D to N to R - (couple times) pulled parking brake...problem went away.  Just sayin'

Robert.  Welcome to the Forum!

Have you looked at the level of your Hydraulic Fluid tank?  Needs to be on full mark.  Also, look for any leakage in your Jack system and hydraulic manifold.

Carl

I have gotten the problem fixed temporarily until I get back home.  After finding the correct wire in my schematics I was able to get it working by-passing the Pressure valve.  

I would like to thank the gentlemen that responded to my post.  We spent 3 nights in the coach without the slides out and you can imagine what that was like.   

This is a great forum.

Robert Vannoy

Robert.  Nice to hear that your back to "somewhat" normal.  No slides was the norm up until the mid 90's & 96" wide was the norm until 1987. :)