Sign in to follow this  
eagle43

Water Pump Will Not Turn On

I put my 2014 Newmar in storage just after the Eclipse and everything worked fine.

Went to pick it up yesterday and the water pump will not turn on. Tried all 4 switches...nothing. Check breaker panel and all fuses.

Even switched out a couple of fuses to make sure. Again, nothing.

Can't understand how a unit could fail in storage. It is a Flo jet.

Anyone have any ideas?

All 4 switches are used to turn on/off a RELAY that then powers the pump.  You need to find the relay and check for power in/power out.

eagle,

Start by checking if you have 12 volts to the pump. Then check if you have a good ground. If you have 12 volts in and a good ground, I would check the Micro Switch. I suspect you will find a bad switch.  You should also check your relay to make sure you have 12 volts there.  If all fuses are good it has to be  either the micro switch in the pump, the relay or the momentary switch that engages the relay.

Herman

4 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

All 4 switches are used to turn on/off a RELAY that then powers the pump.  You need to find the relay and check for power in/power out.

Okay, will try a multi-meter and check it. Thanks.

Ok, here is the set up. Unplugged red wire lights out. Unplugged white wire and switch lights in coach all went green so ground is good (I think). The small switch with two wires I am guessing is the micro switch, so I think that it is defective or the pressure switch in the pump motor is defective. It is so tight in there to get a good view so used a phone to take the photo...not going to try and remove panel until I know for sure.

Thanks for any additional input.

IMG_3845.JPG