rfsod48

Pathway x2. Help

Since dish has changed the eastern satellite programming on satellite 72 which is what you have to use for 2 receivers I am wondering if you can use the 1 receiver option and just switch cables when watching different tvs? 

I"m installing an X2, works fine.  On activation, I noticed I only showed Sat 72 and several Xs.  Now I see that we need an A/B switch?  Will this allow the other satellites to show?  The DISH "tech" was a little fuzzy, just insisted my shiny new X2 won't work with two TVs.  I orthave yet to figure out what stations show on 72, or any of the others.  As as a sort term test can I just unhook the second cable without frying something in the X2?

When you set up x2 do one receiver method to get primary tv, leave that tv on and then do 2nd tv setup as one receiver method also. That way you will be on southwest satellites for both TVs. You then can use both TVs on different channels as long as they are on same satellite. If you do 2 receiver method you will only get eastern satellite 72.

To clarify, if you use the single receiver option you will be pointing to the Western Arc satellites, 110, 119 and 129.  Not all the programming is available on 72 any longer.  The Networks ever never there but now more have been move back to 61.5.  When designed the idea was that both receivers could watch any channel by pointing to 72.7 (but no Networks).  Now, you are better off pointing to the WA and just knowing that both receivers will have to watch programming coming from the satellite selected by the main receiver.

OK, I tried the do one then do the other as singles, but wasn't fast enough, and by the time I got to the rear TV it was downloading the guide.  I guess I need to be sure both Wallys are OFF before I hook up the X2.   I noticed the X2 box said, rather proudly, that it was "dual arc".  Have to study on that.  We are going to Florida the first week of January, probably along with 700,000 other snowbirds, so this is just one item to be dealt with.  So far, the dish mess works, just not like it should.  Kind of like herding cats.

If you are going in January you won't be traveling with 700,000 others.  Most of them have already been in the South for 2-3 months.  The roads will be clear and open just waiting for stragglers like you to get to FL.  Everyone will be leaving FL by April 1 so getting the in January is pretty late!

I've got the X2 and use a couple of VIP211Z receivers with it.  Like others have said, if you use the 2 receiver option when setting up, the dish only points to satellite 72.  But, if you set up as one receiver, then hook up the primary cable to the 2nd receiver and set it up as one receiver, you can then plug a cable from the secondary output on the X2 to the 2nd receiver, and watch whatever channel you want as long as it's on the same satellite as the primary receiver is pointed toward. 

I bought the X2 so we could get reception when our rooftop dish is blocked by trees.  When we do have a view of all 3 satellites with the rooftop dish, the X2 comes in handy as the primary dish for our 2nd receiver.  Then we can watch or record shows on different satellites at the same time.

So, I'll just fiddle with various options until something works, then straggle on down to Florida.  Thanks, all, for the tips.