skyking650

Newbies Just Lucky to be Here!

Just joined FMCA.  Recently purchased 2013 Entegra Coach Anthem.  Previously owned American Eagle, Thor ACE, FR Georgetown XL, and FR Berkshire.  We usually take month long trips from our home in North Ga mountains out through the west each summer.  Other shorter trips throughout the year to motorcycle events and such.

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4448.JPG

Glacier is in my bucket list also!  Hope to make it before or after the Gillette, WY. Rally!  That is a good looking coach, keep the rubber side down and Welcome to the Forum! :)

Thanks for the replies!  Regarding Glacier its a beautiful place to visit....but here are the caveats...

1.  Can't take a motorhome (vehicle over 22' long) through the park.

2.  The good stuff is NOT visible until you take 2 tram rides or use your toad to drive up about 1.5 hours drive once you are in the park, to the glacier.  We went on a holiday weekend and waited through 4 tram cycles to get on.  We had just bought the coach and were not towing anything.

That being said, we would go back again.  We go west every year and the scenery never gets old.

5 hours ago, skyking650 said:

Thanks for the replies!  Regarding Glacier its a beautiful place to visit....but here are the caveats...

1.  Can't take a motorhome (vehicle over 22' long) through the park.

2.  The good stuff is NOT visible until you take 2 tram rides or use your toad to drive up about 1.5 hours drive once you are in the park, to the glacier.  We went on a holiday weekend and waited through 4 tram cycles to get on.  We had just bought the coach and were not towing anything.

That being said, we would go back again.  We go west every year and the scenery never gets old.

I was there last year. We didn't have experience so we spent time on both the East and West sides. I would reserve a place outside the park and take the toad. Did you do the Red Bus Tours? I would not recommend taking your coach to St Mary. I did not like any of the RV parks on that side. On the West side don't forget to visit Kalispell or Whitefish. The key is to have a toad

Bill

Going to Glacier?  Take your passport.  It is joined on the north (just across the border) by Canada's Waterton Lakes National Park.  There is great scenery, a picturesque lodge and restaurant, and we saw more wildlife in a day there than in Glacier for a week.  If you've never crossed into Canada this makes a nice choice for a first time.  We didn't take the coach, just a day trip.

Welcome, I love the photo with the spouse one footed out front :lol:.

9 hours ago, AFisher said:

Welcome to the board. I am too new here.

AFisher, welcome! Start your own post with some coach photos.

AFisher.  Welcome to the Forum!

Let us know about your coach....year, make and model, then we can give you better answers to any future questions you may have!