W0GEN

FMCA Perry GA 2018

grampy. Welcome to the Forum.

Go to FMCA main page and it should be under convention.  A lot of folks don't do Facebook...Herman posted as I was wrighting!

I have asked for the instructions for the app to be posted here. Dan should post for both Android and Apple. It should be here soon. Sorry I don't have an app, I am told what to do and where to be almost every minute. :wacko:

Herman

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

I have asked for the instructions for the app to be posted here. Dan should post for both Android and Apple. It should be here soon. Sorry I don't have an app, I am told what to do and where to be almost every minute. :wacko:

Herman

I understand, my wife is also like that.

Hi All,

For those of you with questions about how to download the new Event App for Perry, please see the links below for both Android and iOS:

iOS/Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crowdcompass-attendeehub/id604224729?mt=8 
Android/Google: 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crowdcompass.app4815162342&hl=en 

Then follow these simple steps:
1. After the app is downloaded, open it on your device.
2. In the search bar, type "FMCA"
3. Look for FMCA's green and yellow app icon and touch "Download." You may be asked for permission to save the files. Select "Continue."
4. Make sure to select "Yes" when it asks you about push notifications. This will allow the app to send you event updates. 

To learn more visit our Info Central page, scroll to the bottom, and click on the Convention App icon.

Safe travels and see you soon!

Dan, Director of Membership & Marketing

Ok, newbie here. Looking over the information sent to us for the convention, (we are registered), appears there are no sites with sewage. Even though we are 50A, we registered for 30A due to the high cost to the next level. Wondering if that was a good idea? Also, we work full time, so called to ask if coming in Friday morning was ok, was told "no problem", but lots of posts say holding area will be closing Thursday afternoon. One other item, we have a 43' 5th wheel. All the paperwork is still geared to Class A style instructions, (passes in window of driver's side, displayed while parked). We have to unhook to level and may leave the grounds to tour. Can we assume we use the tow vehicle information and pass for our main truck and where do we display the passes on the 5th wheel when we are away? Sorry for the questions, but it appears I am not as prepared as I thought. Even missed the "fill your water tanks" until we got the package.

First thing first. Welcome to the Forum.

Before you arrive please have your Placards in the windshield of Your truck. This will allow the Parking crew to know where to park you. You will be required to unhook once you are parked and the Parker will show you where you can park your truck, it will be real close to where you are parked.. There are Trams to take you around to all of the Vendor, Show Coaches and Seminars. If when you arrive and have any questions find me and I will be happy to assist. I will be on a golf cart with SAFETY on the windshield. Just wave and I will stop.

Also Welcome to the 97th FMCA Convention and RV EXPO.

Herman   

6 hours ago, sellingfla said:

Ok, newbie here. Looking over the information sent to us for the convention, (we are registered), appears there are no sites with sewage. Even though we are 50A, we registered for 30A due to the high cost to the next level. Wondering if that was a good idea? Also, we work full time, so called to ask if coming in Friday morning was ok, was told "no problem", but lots of posts say holding area will be closing Thursday afternoon. One other item, we have a 43' 5th wheel. All the paperwork is still geared to Class A style instructions, (passes in window of driver's side, displayed while parked). We have to unhook to level and may leave the grounds to tour. Can we assume we use the tow vehicle information and pass for our main truck and where do we display the passes on the 5th wheel when we are away? Sorry for the questions, but it appears I am not as prepared as I thought. Even missed the "fill your water tanks" until we got the package.

Welcome to the forum. 

Yes best practice is to be ready to spend a week with out hookups. They will probably have water trucks, pump out trucks and I don't know about propane but it isn't cheap or quick. ^_^ 

Bill

You signed up for 30 amp and you will have 30 amp service.

Please come in with a FULL Water Tank and EMPTY Holding Tanks. Also have extra electrical cable. Some times you are right next to a power pedestal and some time you will need a bit more.

Herman

On 3/10/2018 at 1:14 PM, dball said:

Hi All,

For those of you with questions about how to download the new Event App for Perry, please see the links below for both Android and iOS:

iOS/Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crowdcompass-attendeehub/id604224729?mt=8 
Android/Google: 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crowdcompass.app4815162342&hl=en 

Then follow these simple steps:
1. After the app is downloaded, open it on your device.
2. In the search bar, type "FMCA"
3. Look for FMCA's green and yellow app icon and touch "Download." You may be asked for permission to save the files. Select "Continue."
4. Make sure to select "Yes" when it asks you about push notifications. This will allow the app to send you event updates. 

To learn more visit our Info Central page, scroll to the bottom, and click on the Convention App icon.

Safe travels and see you soon!

Dan, Director of Membership & Marketing

Dan, I Really liked the App.

One minor tweak needed. My Android phone would not allow me to properly view the section of the map that showed the meeting room numbers. I could move the map and zoom but as soon as I stopped zooming it zoomed back to the home view. I compared this with an I phone and they could hold the zoomed view.  

Having a map with room numbers is critical for people to know where they need to be. With this app, I never consulted or needed the printed map (other than I cut out the small section with room numbers to carry in my pocket.

One other question. Is there some way to shut off notifications other than removing the app? I kept getting notifications even on the trip home to Ohio on Sunday afternoon ( I had to leave early due to appointments Tuesday AM)

As i was scheduled to deliver 6 seminars and monitor 3 others the "My Schedule was GREAT.