robandbarb

Rv Armor

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Sometimes the gray thank can be worse than the black!  but both can be pulled in by an open window also..:blink::rolleyes: 

Yes anything that creates a vacuum/low pressure in the coach has the potential to drag oders you don't want into the coach.B)

Bill

In nice weather we travel with the roof vents (not the one in the bathroom) open along with the side windows. If its hot they are all closed up, generator and roof top AC's are on. I have traveled in the rain with the roof vents open (side windows closed) and the dash AC on, it helps pull the cold air through the coach. I don't get strong smells in this unit while doing so either.

My vent covers are Fantastic Vent Ultrabreeze Covers .They were installed at Thor Factory flush to the roof . RV Armor after much conversation has agreed to re-install them correctly, and take care of any other problem there were with the RV Armor install.

Rob.  Great news, happy it will all work out for you! :)

Perhaps Joe, due to too much diesel fumes, can't smell anything & since DW has smelled him to long...no odor! :lol:

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Joe, due to too much diesel fumes, can't smell anything & since DW has smelled him to long...no odor!

yea, that could be!! :lol:

2 hours ago, robandbarb said:

Why????????

If atmospheric pressure in the coach is lower than the black tank, when the toilet valve is opened, a large volume of "tank air" enters the coach-- nuff said!

If one needs to flush the toilet while on the road:

Make sure no coach windows or vents are open.

Put dash HVAC to outside air (not recirculate)

Put dash HVAC fan to HIGH

All these contribute to higher pressure inside the coach than in the tank.  Again, nuff said!

Linda was traveling in my coach last month in NM and I was on CC at 67mph!  She remarked about how wonderful it was to be able to do certain things, since I was, not her, driving.  I told her, don't flush...she did, then she lost breakfast, flushed again as I was pulling over to stop...she lost previous dinner!  She had opened and turned on the bathroom vent...UGH.

I'm having RV Armor put on roof, the 13th of October, here at the ranch!  Shall then be able to report...good or bad.

When flushing the toilet while underway, if you have a reversible fan, turn it on HIGH putting air INTO the coach.  Same for taking dash HVAC off recirculate and putting fan to high.

All to insure that pressure inside the coach is greater than that in the tank!

I had a 2006 Tuscany which I had RV Armour install their product on my roof and I was very pleased with the quality of their installation work as well as the quality of their product. My thought was, it was not IF the roof would leak it was WHEN so i had it done and was pleased.

I traded my 2006 Tuscany which I bought new, in for a 2016 new Tuscany in March of 2016. I had numerous problems with everything from the navigation system to the Aqua Heat System , to a wire for the air conditioner being connected to a speaker instead of the sensor. When during a rainstorm the slide leaked and soaked my wife who was sitting at the kitchen table I lost it. I contacted the President of Thor as well as Marcus since I bought it at Camping World. Thor came to my home and picked up my coach and took it back to their factory and when it was finish they flew us out to tour the factory and pick up our coach. We have had problems after that but they stood by us and sent out mobile repair trucks as well as having us stop back at the factory to ensure all was repaired correctly.

We are out of warranty now and have 2 small problems which I have contacted Thor for help and we are working on a schedule to have them repaired.

Although we were furious about the problems we had I have to say Thor stood behind their product and did right by us and although the jury is still out looks like they continue to help us. I wish they did better in checking everything before they release them from the factory but....it is what it is.

This is our 4th Damon/Thor Coach and I have to say I am happy with our coach and would recommend the Tuscany to anyone looking for a good coach at a reasonable price. Just be prepared to spending the first year getting all the bugs out. I would also recommend bypassing any RV dealer and going directly to the factory to have the work done.

Hi everyone. This is my first post. 

I had the RV armor installed on my 40ft coach 2 years ago at a cost of $5k. I was there during the whole install. Every question was answered and the tech even asked me questions along the way. It took 3 days to complete. After install, I was taken onto the roof to go over it in entirety from front to rear and side to side. Numerous pictures where taken of all the work from start to finish. Absolutely nothing was done extra without a change order right then and there. Until I signed off on the completion the job was not done and no money was exchanged. And the tech stood by a 1 year warranty of his work and left me with extra product. 

A day after completion and my approval, the company owner called to get a critique of my feelings towards the tech and the process. I was, and still am impressed. 

In comparison, I had a completely new TPO roof installed on my 40ft toy hauler by the dealer at the same time I had my coach done by RV Armor. Out the door final price of the TPO roof was over $12k and a months time. That’s over twice of what RV Armor charged and weeks saved. And the icing to the cake is that the TPO roof has no lifetime warranty and I’ll need to scape and seal every 3-5 years. Ugh! Never again. Only reason I didn’t RV Armor the toy hauler was due to an insurance claim. 

This puts my Approval on RV Armor.

As for the roof vents, I did a diy on install of those Max Air covers, over my fantastic fans, after the RV Armor was installed. It was a snap after I had a learning curve on the proper way to mount the brackets. Still, no big deal, took 10 minutes extra to redo my error. Now, reflecting back, I don’t remember any seals that even came with the vents. Just brackets and bolts. But since the vents were removed for the gentleman’s Armor install, then the product no doubt was installed around the fantastic fans. I say this so that if water penetrates under the Max Air vent cover, it will still not have access to penetrate the fantastic fan vent. Maybe I’m missing something on this post. Anyhow, please remain seated until the ride comes to a full stop.

Edited by Classic6200
Spelling oof

Classic6200.  Welcome! :)

I had the RV Armor put on my last coach, a 45' American Coach & it made a world of difference!  My cost was $4,250!