elkhartjim

FMCA Allowing Towables: Survey On: RV TRAVEL Website

Copied from RV Travel Newsletter

http://rvtravel.com/fmcas-future-unclear-your-thoughts-please/

Should FMCA accept towable RVs into its current motorhome-only club?

PLEASE ANSWER ONCE. THE CURRENT TALLY WILL APPEAR IMMEDIATELY AFTER

I am an FMCA member. I say YES, accept towables to the club.
34%

I am an FMCA member. I say NO, do not accept towables to the club.
22%

I am a towable RV owner and am interested in joining the club.
16%

I am a towable RV owner but not interested in joining the club.
19%

29votes
11%

I just added my vote!  Per the Chandler video interview of Charlie Adcock, it will pass:( But I want to thank our past EB and future planning committee, for your foresight in making our future miserable, just for your private agenda! Thank you Charlie, "Rett" and Carpenter! :angry:

I would question this survey... I just voted "I am a FMCA member and I vote NO"... I then went back to the "automatic survey numbers"... and the No votes % had gone down... in about 6-10 seconds after I voted NO... go figure !!

On 9/23/2017 at 7:01 AM, WhiteEagle said:

I would question this survey... I just voted "I am a FMCA member and I vote NO"... I then went back to the "automatic survey numbers"... and the No votes % had gone down... in about 6-10 seconds after I voted NO... go figure !!

Must have been several others voting at the same time. Just checked, and YES is down to 33% and NO is up to 25%

This reminds me of the National Election Poles....H.R. Clinton by a landslide, D. Trump won!  Poles mean nothing to me...

I don't have any real "skin" in this game.  I simply paid my money for this first year because I wanted to get some information from a forum that was exclusively motorhome based plus there were some discounts in the benefits section that I may be able to take advantage of as we transition to full time RVing.  

So I guess my first question to the powers to be is "if folks with TT's and fivers are allowed in, what will FMCA be changed to?"

Obviously this organization can't be called FAMILY MOTOR COACH ASSOCIATION any longer.   Will it be FRVA (Family RV Assoc), FMCFWTTA (Family Motor Coach Fifth Wheel Travel Trailer Assoc), or just FART (Family All Recreational Together).

I see no legitimate reason that fifth wheel and travel trailers should not be allowed.  I currently have a Class A, and for my own reasons, am considering going to a fifth wheel.  This doesn't make me a different person, I just get from point A to point B in a different manner.  I have met some great people in FMCA, and could care less what they drive or stay in, it makes no difference to me.  Maybe I misread some of these people and they aren't as "great" as I fist thought.

I am all in for FART with a OLD prefix.

This is not the only club/organization involved in controversy and change. Last week I was at a Bounder Rally at Gettysburg PA. http://www.bounder.org/info.php?pnum=2.

The big problem is they no longer make a diesel Bounder. The last one was 2008. So those who want to upgrade to a diesel or replace an aging diesel coach can't get a Bounder. Without a Bounder you can't remain a member of the club. Doesn't matter if you were one of the founding fathers. :o One of the guy's I know had been to the Hershey RV show and took his Bounder to town and came home with a 38ft 2018 Pace Arrow. The fun part he had it sanitized so it had no name or decal on it.:P He said he was going to put a Bounder decal on the front and see if they tried to kick him out. :ph34r:

The point is don't think FMCA is the only group with problems and issues. 

Bill

Got my vote! :D

Sorry to hear about the "Bounder Only" Chapter! :(  It's not the first FMCA chapter to bite the dust, due to being too "Brand Oriented"! :ph34r:

And, some Chapters have chosen to adapt to a changing world.

The Caterpillar RV Engine Owners Club (one of the larger International FMCA Chapters) is a perfect example.

When Caterpillar ceased producing engines for on-highway use the Chapter had  to either change or inevitably die.

The decision was made to change to the Diesel RV Club, to include "those with interest in any diesel-powered motorhome".  Not an easy choice, but the only one that would insure its continued success.

Probably my fault as much as anyone else's for moving this thread off-topic in the last couple of posts.

But, this thread has been a very good discussion and hate to see it take a detour-- even a slight one to Chapters vs FMCA as a whole.

Thanks.

Let me try to get back on track. First, dons2346, What do you think this is if not a club? Does calling it an Association make you feel "special". Why isn't this survey relevant? True it is not a secure survey that prevents someone from voting more than once, but it is more than the FMCA offered the general membership.

Bill

I disagree with Wild Bill. FMCA is an Association  because it is owned by the members. Also, FMCA has offered all the members a secure facility to vote on this issue and counted by a CPA firm. 

7 hours ago, rossboyer said:

I disagree with Wild Bill. FMCA is an Association  because it is owned by the members. Also, FMCA has offered all the members a secure facility to vote on this issue and counted by a CPA firm. 

I must be confused because in Article III - Membership it states under item (1) 

"Membership is deemed a personal privilege and shall not be subject to sale, transfer, assignment, or bequest. No member shall become vested of any title, interest in, or right to any property of FMCA, except as provided by law."

So how is this any different than belonging to Good Sam's? What do I own? You may call it a Association if it makes you feel more aloof than a commoner who belongs to a club.

"Also, FMCA has offered all the members a secure facility to vote on this issue and counted by a CPA firm." I did not say anything about the vote. I was pointing out the FAILURE of the governing board to adequately give the members a say in how our club is run and it's future.

It is this continuing arrogance and condescending attitude that is the problem. 

Bill

Bill, your dealing with Ross, another ND, just like me...the big difference between us, is that I don't want to take parts of the by-laws and put them in P&P!

According to Ross, I own something and I want him to tell me what I own.  Ross, you made the statement now man up and give me an answer. You're so hung up on not calling FMCA a club, at least I can sell my country CLUB membership, can I sell my FMCA membership? 

You really have a CC membership that you can sell?  If it's house or property that gets you a membership, then yes!  I had a full membership in Horse Shoe Bay, Onion Creek, The Falls, TPC Woodlands and Galveston CC....No house/land, just 1 intangible stock and I could not sell it (it went under the heading of initiation fee)! :o:(

Back to FMCA !  Association/Club/Corporation! Not for Profit, only tangible entity that I can think off, would be the $7+ million investment account and FMC a for Profit Corp!  I'm not an attorney (I use them), but how many members is there?  F#, A#, L# and C#, all but L# pays dues every year.  Then there are the F# son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, etc.  I'm guessing around 115,000 !  I'm not a tax expert either (I use BDO), but I suspect that after a P/L of both entity's in the event of complete liquidation, our share would be worth zero!  :lol:

My feeble mind is now experiencing, burn out..:rolleyes::blink: