Sign in to follow this  
2stroker

No Oil Pressure On Gauge But Have Oil Pressure: C 9

A few months back I got a new oil pump installed at Peterson Cat in Portland to fix my high oil pressure at startup of 130psi down to 87psi, that part works great.

I had another problem just before that where the oil pressure would jump to 86psi on my Silverleaf and 40psi on the dash gauge then it would go all over the place (silverleaf only) down to Opsi sometimes so I changed out the oil sender to the ECM, 3 wire setup. I thought I had fixed the problem. 

2 weeks ago we headed to Steamboat Rock State Park a 800mi round trip and about 30mi out my Silverleaf started to do the same thing, oil pressure all over the place so I pulled over and turn it off for a minute then started, everything was good for the rest of the trip there.

When we started home about 20 minutes later my oil pressure went to O the the Stop and Check Engine light came on and started to defuel then would go to 3psi or so then start to go again so I found a place to pull over then it died but the dash oil pressure was reading 20psi when it died.  

Restarted and took about 5 minutes setting there with the lights going on and off then it started to look better and I got back on the road. Drove 300mi no problems running 47 to 50psi on both gauges. 

I think there is a problem with the ECM, what do you think.

2 stroker

Silverleaf did that to me also in 2015, found out there was 2 oil pressure units...both 3 prong.  Got the same on my coolant. :o

Could be an ECM, could be a sender.

But, I would sure start by disconnecting and cleaning (an electrical contact cleaner) connections at both senders and ECM.  Could be something as simple as a loose connection, dirt or water in a connection, etc.

I have 3 oil pressure sensors. Could not see the third sender I have all the books and it only shows 2 sender and I replaced the one I thought went to the ECM. I went to Peterson on Monday and showed the same guy that I worked with on my oil pump, about 2hrs of his time and I showed him the sender I changed and he said that is not a Cat sender.
So he got on the PC and gave me all the info I needed, O rings and sender so I installed everything today, ran for about 1 hour so far it looks good. Will take it on a run in the morning, about 50 miles. I think it will be OK. Will be taking it in on Friday to have the ECM updated, said it would take about 2hrs.

2 stroker