Tom and Robin

Sanitizing Fresh Water Tank

4 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

Nothing but the sharks were happy about it.:rolleyes: Bet they were also disappointed when they bit into them with no BODY at home.:wub:

:lol:

On 11/2/2017 at 5:42 AM, manholt said:

fiester.  Welcome to the Forum!

Don't use Bleach...use Clorox instead.   

I use Sodium Dichlor, it has no aftertaste, comes in a dry powder = easy to carry/store in a tightly sealed container, and only takes 1 tsp to sanitize a 100G storage tank + plumbing. You don't even need to drain and rinse anything, just treat and go. If you are unsure of your water source 1/2 tsp disinfects 100G drinking water.

I do caution everyone to download the SDS for Sodium Dichlor and read carefully, as it can be dangerous for the uneducated to use.

On 10/27/2017 at 9:43 AM, manholt said:

As Brett said and I'm one of the people that don't like to waste water, so I use HP 3% (Hydrogen Peroxide).  My water hose is on a reel, so I drag it all out 4 times a year, making sure its empty, then I pour a quart HP 3% in and connect to water, just enough to fill hose and let it sit for 15 minutes...during that time I pour in a quart of HP in fresh water tank that is about 1/4 full and let it sit for 15 minutes.  Linda will turn on the water faucet while I open the faucets inside for 5 minutes and let sit for 10.  We do the same for fresh water tank...there is no reason to flush anything from system and dump, as quite often if we have run out of Listerine (not an advertisement) we use HP 3% as a mouth wash! :lol:

What is HP 3% and where do you get it?

Fred.  Welcome!  Hydrogen Peroxide, any drug store, home improvement, big box store or Farm & Ranch. :lol: I get it at Wall Mart, 99 cents a quart.  I also have it in a spray bottle, to apply on scraps, cuts and stings!