neoflyer

Recommendation For Diesel Pusher Brands

2 hours ago, spullon said:

Looking to buy a used coach. Had a CC Intrigue in past. Any one familiar with a CC Concept.

Welcome to the forum. Well have you looked at ppl.com? What is your budget? 

Bill

Spullon.  Welcome!

I have no first hand knowledge of the Concept, other than CC built it to compete with Prevost, from 80's to 2005.  40 foot, 500hp and most are in the $40,000 range today!  RV Trader has them for sale.  Also others, that also carry Prevost.

Carl C.

On 3/18/2018 at 10:21 AM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Welcome to the forum. Well have you looked at ppl.com? What is your budget? 

Bill

What is ppl.cpm? Tried it and got Pacific Power & Light. Budget is 40+/-

Spullon & WBill.

I checked and only found it on RVTrader.  There is a whole page on the Internet, with places that have concepts for sale $24,000 to $44,000 !

Not to add fuel to the fire, but there are 2 sides to every story....I guess im considered a one time poster as well, and 'frankly. scarlet, I don't give a ****....' I made my one time post regarding going to an FMCA rally, asking generic questions regarding what to expect,  do they have coaches on display, you name it, I was asking. I had never been to one, and wanted to get as much info ahead of time, so I could research before I got there. I posted well ahead of the rally, and I believe there still are no replies. So before condemning people that don't get back, cut him some slack....Ive found other sites that if I have questions, I can get answers. This isn't one of them.

Newmar and Tiffin if new.  Monaco, Newmar or Tiffin if used.  Nothing being made today has any attention to quality outside of Newmar and Tiffin unless you have a boatload of cash for a Prevost or Newell.

You forgot Foretravel...New or Used.  I don't agree on Tiffin!  American Coach is not bad either!

Would be nice to know your make, model and year coach.  Also DP or Gas?

On 5/25/2018 at 4:53 AM, manholt said:

You forgot Foretravel...New or Used.  I don't agree on Tiffin!  American Coach is not bad either!

Would be nice to know your make, model and year coach.  Also DP or Gas?

He also forgot Travel Supreme....used.  There are many coaches out there are fine, I would not limit myself to any particular brand.

FIVE.  Your right.  Way to many that didn't survive 2007.  Alpine, Monaco, Country Coach, Beaver, etc!

I’m sorry everyone.  I have been sufficiently castigated and offer my sincere apologies.  I understand your frustration and will endeavor to be more involved in the future.

BTW, I now see the notify me of replies button.  I will use it in the future.

I'm a first time poster and looking to buy a diesel pusher to be used by my wife and I to travel south during the winter and to take short trips during the summer.  We live in IN and have been looking and reading trying to decide which way to go. With the numerous ads online the choices are too many for my little mind to decipher.  Right now I have narrowed my search to the Monaco line.  It seems that most coaches don't consider watching tv nor providing sufficient head room near the pillow end of the bed.  I guess one could make some changes after purchase.  I read enough to be scared of the cat engine and to narrow my search to the Cummins engine.  Should I be concerned?  Planning to go south for a couple of weeks and look for a pusher on my way and on my way back.  If you know of any good coaches that I can consider, let me know and I will alter my route to take a look.  My price range is < 70K  Thanks, John

I purchases a 04 Holiday Rambler seven years ago, it has the Cummins ISC engine.  It had 29k miles on it when I purchased, I now have 65Kk miles and it has been trouble free. I paid $84k for mine and now see similar rigs in the mid to high $60k. I live in the WA state and rv's are typically higher priced than in the south.

I replaced the tires and batteries with the first two hears of purchase and will be replacing them again in the spring.

Good luck with your search.

Jim

RV Trader, Motorhome of Texas, PPL, RV USA...look on web, their all good choices!  Any coach before 2007, should have a 2006 chassis and price depends on Make, Model, Length..mileage is not important on a diesel, unless it's above 400,000 or less than 5,000 a year!

Thanks for the info.  I have found several in my price range to look at with most of them in Florida.  Any tips on buying?  Is there a better time to buy?

On a new coach, yes.  Used coach, not really.  Think of it as a used car, everything is negotiable.  That's why you want to compare price at various locations, if you find a make & model & year, that you want to look for...check it out first at NADA, it will give Low & High Wholesale and Low/high retail...then you will know if the dealer is trying to cheat you!  I do recommend you buy, thru a RV Dealer and that you get a independent mechanic to look at coach...don't take the dealer or salesman/woman's word for anything!  Get everything in writing...your spending a lot of your money!  None of them are your friend, you drive out, they stop knowing you!

We will try to answer any questions you ask, but it's hard to recommend one dealer over another...too many in 50 States!  Yes, there are coaches in both Alaska & Hawaii.

10 hours ago, spenjk said:

I'm a first time poster and looking to buy a diesel pusher to be used by my wife and I to travel south during the winter and to take short trips during the summer.  We live in IN and have been looking and reading trying to decide which way to go. With the numerous ads online the choices are too many for my little mind to decipher.  Right now I have narrowed my search to the Monaco line.  It seems that most coaches don't consider watching tv nor providing sufficient head room near the pillow end of the bed.  I guess one could make some changes after purchase.  I read enough to be scared of the cat engine and to narrow my search to the Cummins engine.  Should I be concerned?  Planning to go south for a couple of weeks and look for a pusher on my way and on my way back.  If you know of any good coaches that I can consider, let me know and I will alter my route to take a look.  My price range is < 70K  Thanks, John

Welcome to the forum, something to look at.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/diesel-motorhomes/2005-travel-supreme-select_rv-39092

Something else nice.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/diesel-motorhomes/2001-foretravel-unicoach_rv-40285

Look around on that site they have more. like this Monaco.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/diesel-motorhomes/2005-monaco-diplomat_rv-40631

Let me know what you think.

Bill

2 hours ago, manholt said:

I think the OP knows that, but he's not buying a "Vehicle", he's looking for a coach!  

Coach, car, boat, plane, or whatever you're buying. The point still stands.

Take your time deciding what to buy - do your research and ask lots of questions. Don't be afraid of wasting a salesperson's time - that's what they're there for. If there's an RV show around, go and talk to other RV owners at the show and learn what you can. Other owners of the make/model you're interested in will give you lots of information the salespeople won't or can't give you.

But, when/if you find the coach you like, if the price is right, and if it checks out with the mechanic, then that's the time to buy. I almost lost out on our current coach taking too long to decide. I'm not trying to push anyone to buy anything, it's just that I've seen more than a few threads like this where a potential buyer found what they liked and then hemmed and hawed too long and someone else ended up driving 'their' new coach away.

Good luck and welcome!

That is the truth and has happened to me, more than once, over the past 50+ years of coach ownership!  Sometimes we take the wrong side of the "Y" in the road!  Grrrr!