f424363

Michelin FMCA Dealers In Houston

Buying 6 new XRV tires but having a difficult time finding a dealer that returns calls.

We have been trying for several months to find the tires and Michelin helped me as the dealers wouldn't.

Has anyone in the Houston area used the FMCA program to buy Michelin.

Welcome  to the forum. There are several members that live in the Houston area and they should be along to give some suggestions.

I just put 6 new Continentals on my rig and Saved more than the Michelin tires by about a $100.00 per tire. That is off the program discount price not retail.;)

Bill

Welcome to the Forum!  What kind of coach and tires you got?   I had a 2011 Allegro Bus and 295 - 80R - 22.5, in 2013 I had to replace a front tire and I went to Cummins on Loop 610, they got me a new Michelin with the FMCA fleet discount...nice folks, I would call them and ask who they use.  Not far from their shop, took about 30 min!  The reason I went there is my front end sounded as I was loosing a  front wheel.  I had Tyron installed and it turned out it had come apart and was eating the tire from the inside out.

Unfortunately I got my last set of 8 in Oregon and will do the same in 2020.  Fleet Discount and no sales tax!  :) 

I used TCi Tire center in Pasadena, TX.  The participate in the FMCA Michelin tire program and were ready to work on my coach when I arrived.  The did not do any kind of tire balance, however, but I have Centramatics on the front so it might not have been necessary.

Welcome to the forum.  Snider Fleet Service is a Michelin dealer.  We just replaced our front tires so went with BF Goodrich (Michelin Product) because they didn't have our size in stock.  Still received the Michelin discount.

You can find them on I-45 North in the Spring Area.  603 Northpark Central Dr Ste 100, Houston, TX 77073

Blake

On 10/1/2017 at 7:31 PM, F424363 said:

Thanks Bill, my husband will only buy the same tire that came on the coach but I sure appreciate the response.

Just have to ask, why?  

Bill

Bill, He does not like change. Worried about speedometer not working correctly.  

I appreciate all the suggestions. We were looking at snider as it's near house and office but the customer service is really lacking. Has us worried if they will do a good job and not damage the wheels or coach

If the tires are the same size there is no change. I would check your speedometer with a good GPS setup as it may be off anyway. What size tires are you running now?

Personally if you don't feel comfortable with a place I wouldn't use them.

Bill

Blake how was your service at snider?  They never return my phone calls, I have to constantly call them. Do they do the tires out side in the parking lot? I did not see anyplace to pull the coach into

We have the Michelin XRV.  We had a blowout a year ago and started reading and talking to a lot of people and found out we really need to change the tires since the dot is early 08. This is the longest we have had an rv, it is 2010 but tires 08. Learned a lot about tires in the past few months.  We were told we could sell the tires to truckers, any input?  Tires have less than 20,000 on them

Again, what size XRV's...you'll find that info on side of tire.  It will be 3 numbers, space, 2 numbers and R, space, 3 more numbers...since we don't know the make and model of your coach, nor the size of your tires, we can't be of much more help! :(

Going back to your husbands concern with the speedometer reading incorrectly if he changes to a different tire manufacturer, the speedometer is calibrated for the tire size. The thing that would change the speedometer reading is if you went to a larger or smaller tire and by that I mean buying a tire with a larger or smaller number after the /, in this case, the 80R number. 

Service at Snider seemed to be fine.  They answered on first call.  Spoke about tire brand and decided to go with the BFGs since they didn't have the Michelins in stock.

Yes, they changed out the tires in the parking lot.  The tech used a rubber mat to prevent wheels from getting bunged up.  Then they took the mounted tires into the shop for balancing.  Snider is known for mobile fleet service so they just worked out of a fleet truck to work on our rig.

I had been using Struhal Tire up in Willis but they recently sold out to Southern Tire Mark and no longer carry what I was looking for.

Blake

235/80R22.5 is a rare size-- basically Michelin.

BUT, when considering other options, there are a number of "tire comparison" websites. Here is one: https://tiresize.com/comparison/

As far as speedometer change goes, the important issue is REVOLUTIONS PER MILE. And most tire comparisons will show that. Load range (carrying capacity) is one of the critical factors to keep in mind. And, if your actual coach weight is close to that of your current tire's capacity, strongly consider upgrading tire size/carrying capacity.

As an example, plug in 245/75R22.5 and you will see that at 60 MPH, the speedometer is off by only 1/2 MPH.

I only have experience with VDO gauges, but, yes at least they can be recalibrated.

Others may be as well.

But, deviating too far from OE RPM (Revolutions Per Mile) also affects affective rear axle ratios.

Got all 6 tires ordered from Snider.  They said I need to change out the valve stem and the valve stem extender but they don't offer them.  Any opinions on if it is really necessary to change out the extenders?  I am changing all the valves but it just did not make sense to change extenders but I don't know

Do you have to change the extenders when you get new tires. The price on those dually ext valves are expensive and it seems crazy to change them

Unscrew the ones you have...have only changed mine on one occasion, back in 1983! :P That was 7 coaches ago! :lol: