f424363

Michelin FMCA Dealers In Houston

Wanted to follow up that snider worked out good for the tires.  They actually came right to us for an additional 85.00 so we did not have to go there and I'm sure glad. The guy was here about 4 hours changing all 6 tires. They dropped our appointment and I had to call in when they were still not here at 40 min. Past apointed time. But over all worked out very well and I would recommend them but stay on top of them they don't follow up very well at all.

Cheryl,

Give any dealer or retailer some slack in Houston for a while, please, we just had a CAT 4 Harvey and I'm surprised you got your tires this quick! :D  Oh, don't buy a car anytime soon! :lol:

Good point Carl. Texas Governor Abbott has issued an order that no vehicle that was totaled due to results of the hurricane and flooding can not be re titled period. Good for Him. You know where they will all go now. "South of the border down Mexico way*****"

Herman

Driving back on I-10 from Katy, TX on Friday, I passed several trucks loaded with crushed cars. I assume they are flood cars coming out of Houston headed to the steel mills in Mexico. 

5 hours ago, Hermanmullins said:

Good point Carl. Texas Governor Abbott has issued an order that no vehicle that was totaled due to results of the hurricane and flooding can not be re titled period. Good for Him. You know where they will all go now. "South of the border down Mexico way*****"

Herman

MacRee Ford, I-45S in Dickinson. TX was flooded real bad and they said they were going to crush all their cars and trucks.  I'll tell you that there were hundreds of vehicles on that big lot.

Hey, once South of the Border they will be straightened out and sent back to US. (Notice not an abbreviation)

Suspect new vehicles in inventory were still on floor plan.  And, in Ford's best interest to just that-- CRUSH THEM.

I remember decades ago when as a Nissan dealer I was called and told I would not be getting the inventory I was allocated.  Story (true) was that the ship had salt water intrusion into the car decks.  All vehicles were cleaned of petroleum products and a bulldozer pushed them into the ocean to create a new fish habitat.

Particularly with the electrical/electronic systems on today's vehicles, even fresh water (not what is in any flood) totals them.