Sign in to follow this  
wolfe10

Custom Built Handicap Equipped Coach

No, we normally do not allow any coach to be advertised on the FMCA Forum.

But, this is a unique enough situation that I feel it warrants mention-- and may keep a handicapped FMCA member on the road a few more years.

BTW, I have no first hand knowledge of the coach, its owner or the lot advertising it:

https://www.rvt.com/Foretravel-Motorcoach-Foretravel-U295-1999-Mesa-AZ-ID7551865-UX127532

Good idea. Anyone in need of a accessible addition can search on the words; "handicap motorhomes for sale" (without quotes) and get a listing of newer models.

This one is so "custom" in terms of "really designed" for a handicapped person that I thought it warranted mention.

Said another way, I have never seen one that thoughtfully set up.

Brett, thanks for setting this up. This is valuable to the disabled RVing community, just like the specialized category in the FMC Classifieds. Personally, once we get Elsa into "fighting shape", we'll want to take advantage of them (i.e., we'll be putting her on the market for sale).

Mobility-equipped MHs are often so customized for the abilities/limitations/needs of the original owning family, so it's quite valuable to point out the adaptive equipment that usually don't quite fit their dealer's description templates. Anyone wanting to post here might want to discuss those features in their post.

For example, this Foretravel has a SuperArm lift, which can restrict which types of wheelchairs can be lifted. My suspicion is that it was built for a paraplegic in a manual or sports wheelchair, who has the arm strength to use the overhead trapeze to pull themselves into the driver's seat, and the upper torso strength to safely ride the SuperArm. They can also easily transfer to the standard MH toilet. The kitchen modifications are also quite interesting.

I was curious to see if this coach has a tow bar. One reason why we personally had to go with a Class C, rather than a Class A, is that our accessible van couldn't be towed, and we didn't want to invest in another upper-5-figures vehicle solely for RV day touring.