Yes, towed an 03 Yukon 4X4 with no problems. Traded it for an 08 Silverado 2X4 with a disconnect, then an 08 Silverado 4X4 and now an 11 Silverado  4X4. All with no issues.

❤ Chevrolet  Silverado.

Herman

I currently own a 2013 GMC sierra 4x4. Could someone explain what I need to do to flat tow it behind my coach? I have a Roadmaster towbar, I just need somebody to explain how to unlock transmission, etc. Thanks, Ronnie

Here is the Procedure to put your Sierra in 4 wheel drive neutral.

1) With your vehicles engine running,  Set your vehicle parking Park.

2) Put your vehicle in Neutral and put your foot down on the brake pedal.

3) Turn your selector Knob quickly all the way to the right and hold it for a slow count of 10.

4) Then slowly rotate the knob to the Left. As you slowly rotate the knob to the left your "N" light will come on.

At the same time your dash message center will display "Traction control is off".

At this point I make it a point to Release the Parking Brake and while the engine is still running place the shift lever in gear to make sure you are in 4 wheel drive neutral. Then turn the engine off and when it has died put the shiftier in Park and you are ready to tow. 

Herman

On 12/13/2017 at 1:46 PM, Hermanmullins said:

Here is the Procedure to put your Sierra in 4 wheel drive neutral.

1) With your vehicles engine running,  Set your vehicle parking Park.

2) Put your vehicle in Neutral and put your foot down on the brake pedal.

3) Turn your selector Knob quickly all the way to the right and hold it for a slow count of 10.

4) Then slowly rotate the knob to the Left. As you slowly rotate the knob to the left your "N" light will come on.

At the same time your dash message center will display "Traction control is off".

At this point I make it a point to Release the Parking Brake and while the engine is still running place the shift lever in gear to make sure you are in 4 wheel drive neutral. Then turn the engine off and when it has died put the shiftier in Park and you are ready to tow. 

Herman

My 2013 owners manual says to hold the knob to the right until the red N lights. Turn the key off and remove. There is no steering wheel lock. 2013 is the last year for hyd power steering.  2014 and later have electric power steering, which requires total removal of the neg cable from the battery, or the risk of ruining the power steering is sure.

It sure tows great doesn't it.

Ryan, if that works for you that is the way to go. However I had an issue with my 4 X 4 switch. I told the dealership service writer that mine would not go into 4 X 4 neutral they checked it out and told me that it was working and that there was written instructions, on my seat, they got from the factory on how to shift into 4 X 4 neutral and that is where I got #4 in my above Instructions. It has never failed me since. :)

Herman   

The owner's manual should spell out the EXACT step by step procedures for towing... these things change year to year.

A problem with my 2017 Silverado Z71.  I have towed it about 5,000 miles.  On the last 2 trips(May and June) I have gotten a wobble while making a slow moving right turn.  The manual has been followed, the case is in neutral, transmission is in neutral and the battery is disconnected. Once I stop in a straight line and restart I have not had a reoccurrence.  Any similar experience?

On 6/20/2018 at 8:56 AM, bellfree98 said:

A problem with my 2017 Silverado Z71.  I have towed it about 5,000 miles.  On the last 2 trips(May and June) I have gotten a wobble while making a slow moving right turn.  The manual has been followed, the case is in neutral, transmission is in neutral and the battery is disconnected. Once I stop in a straight line and restart I have not had a reoccurrence.  Any similar experienc

Unless things were different for 2017 automatics , you should not be leaving your trans in neutral, but in Park. You will ruin the the trans.

i have not heard about any problems with wobbling front ends .. Does the 17s still have the locking steering wheel and if so, are you leaving the ignition in accessory?

We have a 2004 4x4 Suburban we tow.  We have had no problems towing but our procedure to put the transfer case into neutral is a little different; put the ignition in the run position, place the parking brake on, place the transmission in neutral and press and hold the 2X and the 4XL buttons for approximately 10 seconds and the little red LED light will blink indicating the transfer case has been shifted into Neutral.  Our steering column is locking so we have to leave the ignition in the run position to allow the wheels to turn when towing.

3 hours ago, jimkmorse said:

We have a 2004 4x4 Suburban we tow.  We have had no problems towing but our procedure to put the transfer case into neutral is a little different; put the ignition in the run position, place the parking brake on, place the transmission in neutral and press and hold the 2X and the 4XL buttons for approximately 10 seconds and the little red LED light will blink indicating the transfer case has been shifted into Neutral.  Our steering column is locking so we have to leave the ignition in the run position to allow the wheels to turn when towing.

How can a vehicle be towed 4 down with the parking brake on? Either you must place the parking brake off at sometime in the procedure, or you will burn out the brake or tires or both. Welcome to the forum, not trying argumentative just thinking out loud.

On 7/1/2018 at 9:25 PM, kaypsmith said:

How can a vehicle be towed 4 down with the parking brake on? Either you must place the parking brake off at sometime in the procedure, or you will burn out the brake or tires or both. Welcome to the forum, not trying argumentative just thinking out loud.

While you are correct, if the parking brake is left on you will either ruin the tires pretty shortly or burn up the rear brakes, I am pretty sure they just forgot to put in their narrative, that they release the parking brake before towing.

I tow a Silverado, 2011, and I am lucky I do not have Electronic Steering nor a Steering Wheel locking pin. As part of my hook up procedure, once my indicator says I am in 4 wheel drive neutral I release the Parking Brake, put the transmission in Reverse and gun the engine. This does two things, first it insure the brake is off since the vehicle won't move with the brake on and second it tells me that the transmission is in fact in Neutral. 

I did on one occasion leave the Brake Engaged.:wub: The wheels did turn. But the brake pads were toast and it got so hot the parking brake cables melted everything that was  plastic. I am now proficient at rebuilding the entire rear brakes system on a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. 

Heman