chipkacreek

FMCA Assist vs Sky Med

No, but I've used fmca assist as a result of a heart attack in Mesa Az back in April. It's a great benefit at $60 / yr. They flew wife, 2 dogs and myself back to Myrtle Beach after doctors released me to travel and 2' weeks later a professional driver rolled into town with my motorhome towing my car.

Yes. Sky Med has a good plan, but not much different than FMCAssist. FMCAssist is an insurance (Sky Med is not) provided by Seven Corners and underwritten by Lloyd’s of London. Cost of FMCAssist is included in your FMCA dues, so why pay more for another plan since you already have a good one. 

Close friends of ours from Arkansas were in Florida with their MH.  He had a heart attack.  When stable the best care was back in Arkansas.  Lear 125 (med equipped) with nurses on board flew him and wife back to Arkansas. He had the best care back there and is mending.  FMCA Assist was also arranging for dogs and MH to be returned, however they had friends go down and pick up the RV.  FMCA Assist paid for their flight down.

Definitely worth the $60 a year dues.