salademar

Onan 7500 Quiet Generator 1000 hr. Service

Have Quiet Diesel Generator (not on slide) ... Need1000 hour service ... Seeking service center/mechanic in/near Michigan

Edited by salademar
Clarify request

Salademar --

Welcome to the Forum!   I too have an Onan 7500 Quiet Diesel generator that is not on a slide.  The afternoon before Hurricane Harvey hitting the Houston area, I change the oil and all filters (oil, fuel and air) in case I needed to use my motorhome if my house lost electrical power (thankfully the power stayed on!).   Changing the oil and all filters is relatively easy if you are able to crawl on your back under your generator.  To give myself some extra working room, I extended the leveling jacks as far as they would go.

The Onan RV Generator handbook shows flushing the coolant in addition to oil and filters changes for the 1,000 hour service.  While I was under my generator I could see the coolant drain plug.  How the cooling system would be flushed I don't know.  The handbook shows three Cummins Coach Care service centers in Michigan located in Clinton Township, Grand Rapids and New Hudson.   One of these service centers could like perform the generator work you need.   Here is the link to the RV generator handbook --> https://power.cummins.com/sites/default/files/literature/rv/F-1123-EN.pdf

Hope this info helps!

Forum members --

Any advice on how to flush the coolant from an Onan 7500 Quiet Diesel Generator?