Sign in to follow this  
F460078

'16 HR Ambassador Basement Doors Open While Driving

2016 Holiday Rambler Ambassador- Both front basement doors frequently come open while driving.

I lock both doors and pull on them and they seem secure but still often come open while I am driving.

Is there some adjustment I need to make?

Do what I did to find a leak. I know, different thing. Have someone climb inside and take pictures of the latching mechanisms. It may be that just an adjustment is needed to be made or you may even have to replace a part.

Possibly just need lubricating the latching hardware??

Mine were doing the same thing.  I liberally lubricated the latches on the doors.  It hasn't happened since.  I now spray them with the dry lube every couple of months.

Good luck.

I had the same problem with a couple of my doors. A close inspection measuring the latch engagement I found that the latch was barely engaging the striker. I ended up bending the strikers slightly for maximum engagement and haven't had any more doors popping open and that was 5 years and 45000 miles ago.

I had a 2014 Fleetwood and had the one door just below the driver seat open a few times.  Although secure when sitting still, I suppose the movement would allow the latch to disengage.  As a result I took the silver plate off on the inside of the door and turned the screw which adjusts the catch out further.  Never had any problems since then.  I would post pictures but no longer own that coach.  Hope you are able to adjust your catch.