3wb

Monaco Camelot 42PLQ

The Monaco Camelot / Holiday Rambler Scepter 42PLQ is our favorite floor plan. I am looking for other manufactures that have a comparable model and have not found a site that would give that information.

Does anyone know of others that have the "rear lounge" setup? Or can point me to a site that has a matrix of floor plans??

Thanks for the help

42plq-floorplan.gif.f661814132f855fe44c340d4b9db6ba4.gif 

Looks like you would lose a lot of potential closet space. The bedroom would be roomier and the back wall could easily accommodate sliding doors and  lots of hanging clothes space. Keeps them a lot more wrinkle free. We have a rear closet in our Phaeton and would not give that up for a table and two chairs. 

7 hours ago, whzbng4rv said:

The Monaco Camelot / Holiday Rambler Scepter 42PLQ is our favorite floor plan. I am looking for other manufactures that have a comparable model and have not found a site that would give that information.

Does anyone know of others that have the "rear lounge" setup? Or can point me to a site that has a matrix of floor plans??

Thanks for the help

42plq-floorplan.gif.f661814132f855fe44c340d4b9db6ba4.gif 

Welcome to the forum. Let me guess you have never spent any extended time in a RV. As you haven't filled out your profile I don't have any information. 

That floor plan has no storage for your clothes. They have taken the rear closet and turned it into a "rear lounge". If you need recliners have them pull out one of the sofas in front and add them there.

I know you don't want to hear people disagreeing with your " favorite floor plan" but better now. By the way I just showed this to DW and the first thing she said was "That floor plan has no storage for your clothes, there is no place to hang anything up."

Look at ppl.com they show different floor plans.

Bill

Have you been in this coach?  I can't figure out how this layout makes any sense at all but I am not you!  Floor plans are very specific to the owner and I always advice to buy a coach based upon the floor plan.  You just need to get in the coach and ramble around.  Try to imagine daily life and how and when and where you would be doing your daily routine.  For me (me alone) this is not a practical floor plan.  If it works for you after spending some time in the coach then that's great.  However, if you have never actually been in the coach you might want to consider what other options are available.

To each his own. There is a Holiday Rambler Specter 42 DSQ footer at Motor Homes of Texas, but rather than the seating it has a full bath in the rear. Shower, Toilet, washer/dryer and closet. It to is a nice floor plan. 2006 with 46,000 miles for $109,500.00.

Herman

If you really want to get "Funky", look at the 2008 AC Eagle, also at Motorhomes of Texas...Something for every taste out there!

Herman at least they show what appears to be the sliding glass doors for a back closet. It looks like they moved the bedroom foward to make room for the rear bathroom.

Carl, same it has hanging closet space. Both are nice coaches.

Bill

This is the only floor plan I have seen with a rear lounge.  My wife looked at the floor plan and said “wasted space - where is the large closet for hanging clothes”.  But then that is why they make many different floor plans.  Hope it works for you.  I would have to look at it in person before totally rejecting it - hopefully you have had the opportunity to see it and spend some time in it.

There is a closet (optional W?D) by the vanity, also a closet below the bedroom tv. This would not be my choice coach either but to each his own.

my wife is a quilter, i am in IT and can work from anywhere. going to setup the rear as her studio. one of her goals is to create quilts aimed at RVers plus window treatments,etc.. I spend a lot of time online. I plan on offering IT - WIFI - connectivity configurations focused on RVers.

So that floor plan might be strange to some, but we believe it will work for us...

maybe we will see some of you on the road

14 minutes ago, whzbng4rv said:

I plan on offering IT - WIFI - connectivity configurations focused on RVers.

Welcome to that already over crowded arena!

Good luck if you are hoping to do this to earn some money.

Oh, and my RV experience is that I grew up in Elkhart building travel trailers with my Dad, we had a little company named Globestar....

Bill,

IT is crowded in just about every vertical market segment, but if the offering has really good innovation, is priced properly, fills a true void and WORKS the odds shift by quite a significant amount....

I like my chances.

Just my thought. Building them should give you a appreciation for how important having adaquate storage is. Look at this floor plan it has a desk where you can do your IT work and you could remove the couch and have room for your wife's sewing, add a couple of recliners and you still have the storage in the back. She will need storage space for her quilting supplies to.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/diesel-motorhomes/2004-travel-supreme-select_rv-36055

This is just a quick search of floor plans.

You and your wife should come to the South Central Area Rally, Oct. 25 to 28, 2017
Four States Fairgrounds, Texarkana, Ark. There is a large group of ladies that quilt and show quilts.

Bill

WBill.  Thank you for bringing that up! 

I also will add, that anyone who plays golf, there is still time to sign on.  Text me at 1-409-502-0641 or send me a email (listed in my profile) and I will be happy to sign you up!

Carl Christensen, Golf Captain, FMCA Six State Rally.