ROBNCJ

Fuse For Brake Light: 2000 Safari Continental

My prior electrical light problem (signal switch malfunctioning-- all signals were activated when I had right signal on), there was a switch under dash that I replaced ($12.) from parts store resolved this problem.

New problem is all lights work but my brake lights won't work when I press on the brake pedal????  Could this be a fuse and if so where are they located? 

My coach Safari Continental was mfg in 1999 but sold as a 2000.

Rob

Rob,

Don't know about the 2000 model, but on the 1997 model, there were 12 VDC fuse boxes in the very front (access from above grill).  They are labeled.

18 hours ago, ROBNCJ said:

My prior electrical light problem (signal switch malfunctioning-- all signals were activated when I had right signal on), there was a switch under dash that I replaced ($12.) from parts store resolved this problem.

New problem is all lights work but my brake lights won't work when I press on the brake pedal????  Could this be a fuse and if so where are they located? 

My coach Safari Continental was mfg in 1999 but sold as a 2000.

Rob

Brett mentioned the fuse, there could be a loose, corroded or broken wire at the air brake switch if the turn signal and the 4 ways work.

The air brake switch is located under the coach right under the air brake peddle.

Rich.

Mine was a broken ground wire in the rear light housing and a bulb that was flickering.  Replaced both bulbs and fixed ground. :) 

Safari never used air for anything other than the parking brake. All Safaris of 2002 and earlier are hydraulic over hydraulic. Yes there is a switch below at the master cylinder kind of a maroon color top.

To clarify this a bit further. Air was used for the parking brake on air bag coaches only as it they had an engine driven compressor. Some of the SMC coaches had a disc brake set up that was problematic.The pads would not float or slide on the pins and would end up at  odd angles hanging on the pins and not approach the disc at a perpendicular angle. Subsequently wear was inconsistent and pads would need changing prematurely.  My Panther pads were worn out at 12 thousand miles and one pad had zero pad at the top and 5/16 at the bottom which is near what it had new. Somewhere along the line SMC went back to the drum and shoe variety which were trouble except when operators drove with the brake on.:(