Sign in to follow this  
fpresto

Great Eastern Area Rally (GEAR)

We just returned from our first rally. It was the GEAR in Lewisburg, WV. Going in we didn't know what to expect and if it was worth a six hour drive. I must say that we had a great time and met a lot of wonderful people. Everyone, without exception, was friendly and helpful.

It boggles my mind at the work and time it must have taken to organize and put on the event.  Just the transportation was amazing. We could hardly step outside our RV without a golf cart stopping and asking if we needed a ride anywhere. The seminars were good and contained a lot of useful information. Of special note the meet and greet put on by the Tiffin Travelers Chapter for Tiffin owners was excellent. I am sure that there must have been hiccups but it was so well organized that any issues were transparent to the attendees.

As I said this was our first rally but it certainly won't be our last.

fpresto.

Ditto x2 !  Takes a lot of volunteers to help out at any big Rally.  Your tram drivers are all volunteers and FMCA members like you and I...yeah, Brett too! :lol:

22 hours ago, manholt said:

fpresto.

Ditto x2 !  Takes a lot of volunteers to help out at any big Rally.  Your tram drivers are all volunteers and FMCA members like you and I...yeah, Brett too! :lol:

I know that the Tram drivers were volunteers as I talked with many of them and they along with the other volunteers did an amazing job.:D But someone had to coordinate getting the trams and enough of them, arrange for fuel, set up schedules, etc. And the trams were, I am sure, only a small portion of the coordination required to put on the event. In a past life I was involved in coordinating a much smaller event and the amount of time required and headaches encountered were substantial. That was why I was so impressed with the GEAR . I am sure that they had issues to overcome and yet to my eye everything went off without  a hitch. These people are good! :)

90% Volunteers, maybe more.  Come to Perry, GA. in March or the Summer National in Gillette, WY. in July, both are of a larger scale, but mostly run by Volunteers, you can be one, just notify FMCA...:)

We are always in need of more help, from parking to Security and everything else between! -_-