kate49

Options For Washing Motor Homes

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a question I have.  I have been hiring my MH washed, but when I am on the road, am not able to do that and am wondering if truck stops drive through truck washes also can be used with a motorhome?

Thanks

Kate 

Blue Beacon.... download the application on your smart phone... they have a locator to direct you to the nearest location.

Welcome to the forum Kate, Yes Blue Beacon is one option. Most big RV parks have someone that comes to the park to wash coaches. I would ask at the front desk. There are eaven some that let you wash your coach, but not to many.

Bill

If you use Blue Beacon be sure to go to their website to learn about options that are good for motor homes and some that are not. Before you pay inspect their work. I was satisfied the two times at different locations that I had them wash MH and towed. 

Hard to beat $64 for a wash/ wax on a 45 foot coach and a toad.:)  Now, I don't wash anymore, just use Lucas "Slick Mist", at $8 per bottle, Wall Mart, one = 2 x on coach & toad. :wub: Spray on and wipe off.

I have been using the Lucas Slick Mist without wash, just rinse the grime off first.  I have found the dirt and grime doesn't stick to surface as much when using the Slick Mist,  Here in the northwest the rain pretty much keeps your rig clean.

Jim

Jim, that was what I was thinking but when we travel from Michigan to Arizona we do get dirty and I think a wash would be needed before I would want to use Slick Mist. I use a similar product on my Jeep but not when dirty. Do you just spray the mist on and wipe off with microfiber towel? The wash wax system looks good but is pricey, Chemical Guys has a similar cloth head for less dollars.

RFSOD48,

Yes just spray it on wipe off, I have used both soft cotton towel and microfiber, don't see much difference between the two.  Rig look like new and shine last.

Jim

Roland. 

As Jim say's!  Since I use it quite frequently, when I'm driving long distances, my rig don't get a chance to get dirty.  In a extended campground stay, I clean when I get there and then as the mood strikes me!

Linda got the simple solution with pole for $186, in Texarkana FMCA Six State!  She cleaned with it on her rig, I used my Lucas & a aluminum extension, painters pole, from Harbor Freight.  Light and stable...took me 30 minutes for rig and another 30 for rims and everything chrome.  Linda's pole is heavy, the stuff works about the same, time=same, the biggest difference is cost and I can replace mine at any Wall Mart...Linda's is mail order.

Oh, Linda is using my pole! :lol:

I found this formula on another forum and have been using it to wash my RVs, cars, and Harley for a year now.  It works great and maintains the wax that is already present.  Both of these ingredients are sold at Walmart:

McGuires Gold Car Wash and Turtle Ice Car Wash (mix 50/50).

Not sure why is works to good, but I only wax once a year now and all of our stuff sits in the sun 365 days a year.

I get these white stripes down my windshield after every rain  I find it hard to get clean  I thought it was from fiberglass on front of roof but have been told its from the rubber roof 

Any solutions would be great.

Steve,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Please tell us what coach you have-- some may have first hand experience with your same coach.

You can also go in and put your coach in your profile to help with future questions.