mikev

Water Filtration and Reverse Osmosis

7 minutes ago, jleamont said:

Looks like Mike hasn’t been around for almost 4 years. You could try to send him a private message, that could trigger an email for him to log back on. Otherwise someone else might be able to shed some light onto this topic.

I have sent him a private message.  Thanks for the prompt.

I hope to build at a minium a 1,000 gallon per day reverse osmosis system, which equals to a 41.66666666666667 gallon per hour permiate rate so I can fill my 105 gallon fresh water tank in close to two and a half hours.  At a 1,800 gallon production rate I could fill the tank in about 1.4  hours and a 2,000 gallon per day would fill it in about 1.26 hours.....

I hope to build at a minium a 1,000 gallon per day reverse osmosis system, which equals to a 41.66666666666667 gallon per hour permiate rate so I can fill my 105 gallon fresh water tank in close to two and a half hours.  At a 1,800 gallon production rate I could fill the tank in about 1.4  hours and a 2,000 gallon per day would fill it in about 1.26 hours....

The only time one should need a high capacity R / O system is when filling the tank the first time. We do not travel with full water tank.  Run with between 1/4 and 1/2 when on the road.

The weight of the water adds up to less fuel mileage.  Only takes a short time to add enough water to run for a day.  

When dry camping we limit how much is used each day. 

Rich. 

3 hours ago, DickandLois said:

I hope to build at a minium a 1,000 gallon per day reverse osmosis system, which equals to a 41.66666666666667 gallon per hour permiate rate so I can fill my 105 gallon fresh water tank in close to two and a half hours.  At a 1,800 gallon production rate I could fill the tank in about 1.4  hours and a 2,000 gallon per day would fill it in about 1.26 hours....

The only time one should need a high capacity R / O system is when filling the tank the first time. We do not travel with full water tank.  Run with between 1/4 and 1/2 when on the road.

The weight of the water adds up to less fuel mileage.  Only takes a short time to add enough water to run for a day.  

When dry camping we limit how much is used each day. 

Rich. 

Rich,

Thanks for the comment!

I was planning for worst case where I would be moving from one boondocking location dirctly to another without stoping for full hookup and had to fill my tank as fast as possialbe and wanted RO water in my tank.

Also 105 gallons of water weighs about 900 Lbs, which is a lot but only about 1.5% of my  61,000 Lbs GCWR  and wind resistacne is more important than mass when at highway speeds.

Yes I do only carry about 1/2 a tank or less of fresh water when going down the road, but I want the abilty to fill the fresh tank as fast a possiable.

I did go down by 50% as I was originally looking at a 2,000 GPD system that would fill my tank from empty in 1.25 hours.

We base the water level off of the trip; 

• Short trip to the beach (3 hours) 1/4 tank for toilet flushing.
  • Day trip to another destination with no showers involved around 1/2 tank.
  • If we plan on boondocking along the way somewhere for the night, full water tank.  Any excess water remaining we use at the destination then switch over to camp ground water. Any residual water, I open the tank drain to get it all out. 

I really don't feel any difference with the fresh tank full or not in the performance or handling of the coach. I'm sure it makes some difference but as to how much I do not know.