Mdrouin

2011 American Coach Eagle: HDMI Routing

I have a 2011 American Coach Eagle.

It has two HDMI cables that run from the electronics cabinet above the driver to the rear. I can see them wrapped up with some coax cables and run down next to the windshield and pick them up again in the basement door next to the driver seat. That's where they run back into the chassis and I can no longer see them. I would like to place a device in that cabinet and send the signal back to the bedroom and that would be the perfect way.

Has anyone traced these wires? I did call American Coach and the support person was unable to find the schematic. I did send in a request through the webpage but wanted to see if anyone solved this puzzle.

Mdroin.  Welcome!

Was your coach built in 2010 or 2011?  My Tradition was built in Jan. 2010.  I have a splitter in my over the driver compartment that runs one HDMI to bedroom and one to outside TV.  Yours may be in the shore power bay in rear.  You should be all set up for HDMI in each TV zone of coach. 

I have a 2014 Am Eagle.  I believe the HDMI cable on mine runs underneath the jack sofa, behind the refrigerator, (both or on the driver side, big slide) to the back TV.

Mdroin,

If you have Dish Network you can have the Hopper installed.  With the Hopper you can have wireless Joies. With them you only need a short HDMI cable. I have it in our coach and it works great. 

Herman 

I used this system in my house between rooms. No reason why it will not work in an RV.  What ever the transmitter is hooked to is what the receiver will see so both TV's will have he same TV station playing.

ActoinTec Wireless HD Transmitter and it did transmit HD if that is what was on the front TV.

Herman, what satellite dish do you have?  The hopper is not compatible with my (obsolete) Roadtrip Mission, and my dish has started to misbehave occasionally.  If I have to replace it, I'd like the option to use a hopper.

Wineguard Traveler 1000. Put it on myself. Already had a Dish 211 receiver. Got it mounted and working on the 211 and called Dish. They came out and install the Hopper. 

Herman 

I had the same, with Hooper, until I changed to DIRECTV.  I still have everything in the barn storage, just not the WT 1000. 

I have the w 1000 and Direct TV  with a genie work perfect. i also installed myself. i use the box from home and have direct change locations for programming.