nmeremianin

Campers With Children Under 20-- Check In!

Hi all,

We are new to FMCA.

I am 56, My DW 39+7, our daughter is 10.

We camp in the NJ, PA, DE, VA mostly, with longer trips to FL and out west,

This year we did Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Devils Tower, Yellowstone.

Who else out there is fine community camps with their Children? And Where?

Lancaster.jpg

3 hours ago, nmeremianin said:

DW 39+7,

:lol: I have got to remember that!

2 kids under 20, one full time in college, the other 16, just got her learners permit  :wacko: let the gray hair begin :unsure:.

Just east of Lancaster PA, part time RV traveling making memories.

Travel with our boys, 21 year old "kid", and 16 year old.

Mostly western states, Oklahoma, Texas, colo., And west.

Chris G.

F3508s

Nmeremianin,

Welcome to both FMCA and the Forum. 

In July 2018 FMCA will have the National Convention and Family Reunions in Gillette Wyoming. If you plan your trip then you can, in almost a straight line, make Mt. Rushmore,  Devil's Tower, Gillette, Cody (a must) and then into Yellowstone. Hope you have the time to see it all. Would love to have you and your family in Gillette. 

Herman 

Hi, 

I,m 51 single dad 2 girls 24 and 19. We are about 30 min. east of you in Manchester,NJ

Phil C

2 hours ago, nmeremianin said:

Jl Drivers test on your coach?

I already had a class A CDL, doubles, tank and air brake endorsement. I helped another FMCA member get his also. Pretty weak here in PA to get a Non-CDL class B for a large coach.

54, #, and 20. Kids are on the end, DW in the middle. Two older boys who have lives of their own.

Already booked out and back stops around Gillette 2018.

Live in CA, temporarily "displaced" from Napa.

Yes to the rally. Our home is ok. We realised we can do without it. It is just a place to be. We got what we needed in the MH and jeep. Did not worry about what we left. Part of that is having good insurance, part is not being as attached to stuff as before.

Unfortunately, most folks can't say that.  Even the big wineries, their grape vines maybe OK, but when you have lost everything else, no matter how good it's insured, it will take years to replace!  Then there are the "others"!  

So many lost homes, so few builders to rebuild them. Even those who can will have a long recovery. One friend who lost their home was smart enough to find a place to rent within 48 hours. It is about 45 minutes away, but they decided to take it while there was something to take.

Such a shame, change a few laws and California would not have half the bad burns you have!

Stay safe, enjoy the ride and wish you Luck!

Sorry I’m late to the party. I hope Joe and Herman did not drink all the beer. I’m Keon and I pay three people to travel with me, my wifey Pooh that will forever be 21, my 19-year-old daughter and my eight-year-old son. We live in Maryland not too far from Joe, and I’ll travel anywhere there’s a road. We do a lot of local camping specifically in the Maryland  Pennsylvania and adding Delaware this year. I’ve taken a hankering to liking state parks only because they are cheap and it gets me out of the house so I can light a campfire and sing Kumbaya

DF7BB490-35CC-4358-B46A-C52EE6FBDC65.jpeg

I’m late to the party but looking forward to meeting some new families! Any chance young familes attend the big rallies?  Trying to talk my DH (35) into it.  We are traveling with our 6 yo and I would love to see all the national parks.  I still work as a nurse but I have an amazing schedule with easish to take vacation time 🙂. We are on the west coast in Oregon.

D18D5B40-EC5C-4022-8251-F33DD386A038.jpeg

Jen, good looking family. This July FMCA's Convention and Family Reunion (Rally) will be in Gillette Wyoming.  Give a shout out to David Marlowe. David and his wife Loretta are the Youth Directors for FMCA and will be doing all of the planning for that Rally. Gillette sits right in between Yellowstone to the West and Devils Tower and Mount Rushmore to the East. They will have something for all ages.

dmarlowe@wildblue.net

Hope to see you there.

Herman 

Herman,

thanks for the heads up.  I’ll drop them a line and see what they’ve got planned!  I’d love to go to one of the big rallies and maybe meet some more families!!

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:10 PM, Philc said:

Hi, 

I,m 51 single dad 2 girls 24 and 19. We are about 30 min. east of you in Manchester,NJ

Phil C

Phil, we need to chat about Campgrounds in NJ, we are across the river from you in South eastern PA.

12 hours ago, jleamont said:

Phil, we need to chat about Campgrounds in NJ, we are across the river from you in South eastern PA.

12 hours ago, jleamont said:

Where are you thinking of staying in  NJ. I've stayed at a few campgrounds mainly in Northern NJ, I'm one for being in the mountains rather than the shore area. I keep my coach on a seasonal sight at Driftstone on the Delaware in Mt Bethal, PA. It works great for me and the kids I get to use the RV every weekend and when we feel like traveling I unhook and go. This Christmas we will be at Disney.

Between you, Joe and Keon....this is one party I would love to attend...My Linda is a Great Grandmother, I got about 2 to 3,000 kids in 22 children's hospitals, so I'm no stranger to the under 18 crowed!

On 1/24/2018 at 4:52 AM, hermanmullins said:

Jen, good looking family. This July FMCA's Convention and Family Reunion (Rally) will be in Gillette Wyoming.  Give a shout out to David Marlowe. David and his wife Loretta are the Youth Directors for FMCA and will be doing all of the planning for that Rally. Gillette sits right in between Yellowstone to the West and Devils Tower and Mount Rushmore to the East. They will have something for all ages.

dmarlowe@wildblue.net

Hope to see you there.

Herman 

Keon,

Sorry about that-- you have a good looking Family as well.

Will you and the Family by some chance be in Perry or Gillette or both? Would love to meet you and the Family. That boy looks like he would like to ride around on my golf cart. I would be happy to show you'll around either or both Rallies.

Herman

Phil, Sea Pirate in LBI was one that keeps jumping out to us. I met the owner at the NJ RV show last weekend, he seemed like my type, NO BS and runs a tight ship. We are always searching for more places to explore in NJ, but most Campgrounds are old trailer parks that are tight, run down and charging $80.00 + per night. If you can recommend some let me know.

We tend to head toward beaches, I also have two daughters (18 and 16) that both love sand and sun (DW and I avoid sand, that's were the large awning and patio mat comes in handy :P). Kids and DW also like boardwalk arcades and that type of amusement's, so any place close to a boardwalk would be helpful as well. I see NJ has little beach front campgrounds, with that being said we head south to MD and DE, which is frustrating as NJ is much closer.

Herman, next year The Hayes's family and us are headed to Las Vegas in the coaches. The Vegas portion will only be a couple of days, coming out I-40 to do so, passing through your wonderful state. Perhaps we can all plan to meet up, spend a day while in route or on the return trip. Were taking them out to the Grand Canyon, I'm guessing via the Grand canyon railway although my DW wants to explore the North rim, and not the South. We still have to sort out the details for that trip, maybe do both?....

Don't forget we are headed that way in June to catch up with Carl and Linda also. If you are available in the middle of June, send me a PM, ill pass our schedule along.