punxsyjumper

Convection/Microwave Ovens

16 hours ago, Hermanmullins said:

You can use the convection oven very easily. 

Here is the procedure. 

1) Select "preheat " then select the temperature you want to cook or bake at. Then press start.

2) When the desired temp. is reached the oven will beep. Place what you want to cook, press convection, again select the desired temp. Then enter desired cook time an press start. 

Hope this will get you hot biscuits and gravy. 

Herman 

Thanks Herman, I hope so too. If this works, I'll be willing to share.

15 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Here is a manual for your Microwave. and a short bit on youtube on how to cook in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtCheDFkfj8

MANUEL FOR MICROWAVE..pdf

Bill

Yep, already got the manual but it was a little vague. Or I guess I'm the vague one. Saw the video too. Watched quite few of them actually and it was looking like we could use the convection side only but still wanted to be sure. Thanks Bill.

WARNING:  Do not use Microwave if you have a "Pacemaker"!

We use the Convection only part in either one of our houses and in both coaches....Life is hard, when you have a significant other with a DP & 2 homes.  I also have 2 homes! :D That's 10  M & C's! 

1 hour ago, manholt said:

WARNING:  Do not use Microwave if you have a "Pacemaker"!

We use the Convection only part in either one of our houses and in both coaches....Life is hard, when you have a significant other with a DP & 2 homes.  I also have 2 homes! :D That's 10  M & C's! 

Yep, life is sure hard, haha

I have a convection oven in the S&B's, no need for a turn table in it as the fan in the oven takes care of evenly distributing air around the biscuits. Have tried teaching DW to make them for 53 years, I can only eat them if I "knead" the dough myself. LOL:o I'm always needing the dough due to a nasty MH habit.<_<

Is that with or without Crisco or real Lard?  Don't tell me you expect 3 wishes if you knead the dough enough! :blink::D 

That's one of my most favorite things that the wife makes from scratch and bakes in our Convection oven.  If you like them in a home oven you will love them in a convection oven.  Be careful, the timing is different (shorter/faster) with convection heat.  From my experience, however, the temp settings are not very accurate and be off by 25-50 degrees from what is set.

24 minutes ago, BillAdams said:

That's one of my most favorite things that the wife makes from scratch and bakes in our Convection oven.  If you like them in a home oven you will love them in a convection oven.  Be careful, the timing is different (shorter/faster) with convection heat.  From my experience, however, the temp settings are not very accurate and be off by 25-50 degrees from what is set.

They came out great. Didn't get a pic, they weren't around long enough. Thanks guys.

Herman, biscuits in a tube/box, shaking my head :P. I make them from scratch, Carl I use shortening and real butter, roll them up and put in the refrigerator in the coach for trips....well haven't made any since last Christmas :(

Cinnamon biscuits are pretty good also, just roll the biscuit dough into a long string between your hands, sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar onto parchment paper, I have to use the granulated Splenda because of diabetes, form circles (pin wheels) from the long strings, bake till golden brown, top with cream cheese icing. Carl Crisco, then drizzle with REAL butter when 3/4 done.;)

Your making me hungry Kay!  I bought 15 pounds off real butter from a Amish farm in Bremen, IN.  We froze it in 2 1/2 pound wheels, now we have one wheel left...bummer! :(

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Your making me hungry Kay!  I bought 15 pounds off real butter from a Amish farm in Bremen, IN.  We froze it in 2 1/2 pound wheels, now we have one wheel left...bummer! :(

See, you should have come up here..there is a farm near Dougs house that sells it. You get too low let me know, I'll bring some next June

Now you have sparked my interest. I might have to buy some and give it a try. We only use butter EVO and coconut oil for cooking, crisco for baking. No fake butter in this house. If I can't  interpret the indgredients it doesn't come home, I read every label.

Do not use COCONUT OIL...after living in Cayman Island, I found out...there is no such thing! :wacko: You get the water and the meat, no oil...like margarine, it's man made!  All they need is a teaspoon of the water, or some hydrated meat and they can call it Coconut Oil...legally! :o:angry:  

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, Hermanmullins said:

You can use the convection oven very easily. 

Here is the procedure. 

1) Select "preheat " then select the temperature you want to cook or bake at. Then press start.

2) When the desired temp. is reached the oven will beep. Place what you want to cook, press convection, again select the desired temp. Then enter desired cook time an press start. 

Hope this will get you hot biscuits and gravy. 

Herman 

FYI, had our biscuits and gravy this morning. 

On 10/12/2017 at 10:43 PM, Punxsyjumper said:

We bought our 2011 Thor Astoria last year and got very few manuals.

I've went online to get one but it doesn't answer my question. We have never used it because we don't use microwaves for anything.

I was recently told that you can use the convection part without the microwaves. So for the past year i loved this, we have gone without an oven (cookies, cakes and pies).

So, does anybody know if I (Sweetie Pie) can we use the convection part without getting any microwaves on my food? It's a Whirlpool and after trying to get info from them for the past hour, I will never buy a Whirlpool product.

Thanks Guys. 

Simply go with above as suggested by our kind members.