I'm looking for an app that allows me to enter my starting point, enter my final destination, how long I want to drive between stops eg. 5-6 hours, and change the route that I want to take. I'd like the app to then map out my trip given those parameters. Is anyone aware of this type of app?

You can do most whatever you want with Google Maps.  Planning works better on a computer than on the phone but it's still great.  It won't do calculate 5-6 hours of driving but you can put in stopping points and it will show the time and distance.  If that is too long or too short remove that and select another stopover in an area you would like to stay.  I plan most of my trips this way but I also revert back to a mapping program last update in 2002 from Rand McNally which does to everything you want.  It really to **** bad that Rand won't re-release this software called TripMaker it is the best planning tool I have ever used to travel.  You can set how fast you drive, when the trip starts and ends, time you leave and time you plan to stop and it keeps a  record of the entire trip.  In my case, my trip starts in Jan and ends in December so I have our entire travels for the entire year on one map.

I use Goodsam Trip Planner. I won't leave home without it. Starting point. destination, Goodam, Public, private parks shoiwn along the route, along with attractions Flying J stations etc.

I plan on my PC and then download route to my Goodsam/Rand McNally GPS.

On 10/13/2017 at 9:10 AM, elkhartjim said:

RV Trip Wizard allows you to set either miles or time to drive.  I have no experience with this program but I understand it has this feature.

https://www.rvtripwizard.com/

$39 bucks a year to sign up?

I really don't know what it costs, Bill, if you say $39 I trust you looked it up.  I just remembered reading about this planner that met most of the OP's needs. Like I reported, I've never used it.

It makes no difference since the OP never visited the site after asking the question.

Have a nice day. :D

Jim.  Don't be too harsh on the OP, he/she could be "Oil field Trash", like I am/was, working a 28/28 schedule on a rig in Angola, Africa! :D

Oh no....I had forgotten that stuff.  Only one way, time to grow new skin. As I recall, I disposed of all my work clothes after that stint. I was 7 on 7 off working out of Galveston for Penrod Drilling.