Jmholb57

Dash A/C Drips Water On Driver's Foot

Simplest answer may be that the condensate drain is plugged.  Locate it under the coach and suck on it-- you may need to use another piece of hose as an extension.  Do not blow, as that would just but any restriction back into the A/C to "re-clog" next time you use it.

Yes, a cracked case could also cause it, as could low freon which would cause colder temperatures and condensation on the hose to the evaporator.

But, start with the simple, free one.

I use a straightened piece of coat hanger pushed into the drip tube to hopefully dislodge the obstruction. It is a common occurrence in automotive a/c. Best choice would be to be able to remove the cover from the evaporator cover inside your RV and push down on the drain with the probe. Easily done with a big truck. If you are lucky, you can find a way to push the obstruction out on your RV. Most don't have a filter so the mess is common. Unplug the drain with your ingenuity, then your foot will not be wet.

2 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Simplest answer may be that the condensate drain is plugged.  Locate it under the coach and suck on it-- you may need to use another piece of hose as an extension.  Do not blow, as that would just but any restriction back into the A/C to "re-clog" next time you use it.

Yes, a cracked case could also cause it, as could low freon which would cause colder temperatures and condensation on the hose to the evaporator.

But, start with the simple, free one.

Cracked case? Where and what? Thanks. Have new 2017 with 3800 miles. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, obedb said:

I use a straightened piece of coat hanger pushed into the drip tube to hopefully dislodge the obstruction. It is a common occurrence in automotive a/c. Best choice would be to be able to remove the cover from the evaporator cover inside your RV and push down on the drain with the probe. Easily done with a big truck. If you are lucky, you can find a way to push the obstruction out on your RV. Most don't have a filter so the mess is common. Unplug the drain with your ingenuity, then your foot will not be wet.

Hope all it is. Thanks 

Jeeps have a cowl drain which drips on pass side if plugged. DW is not happy if her footwell is wet, so the cowl area and cowel drain tube is a must keep clear item for me...

6 hours ago, Jmholb57 said:

The A.C. on the engine drips water on my gas pedal foot under the dash. Why does it do this? My right shoe and sock are soaked. Thanks. 

Use cruise control and move foot.

Sounds like there may be air getting into the output vent causing condensation. Tough job but look for any tears, or openings in the vent line.

jmholb57. 

Congratulation on your new coach....what is it?  Make and Model would be useful for future reference! :)

When you use Brett's approach, "Suck on the drain" don't swallow!  :(:lol:

4 hours ago, manholt said:

jmholb57.

When you use Brett's approach, "Suck on the drain" don't swallow!  :(:lol:

So true.  But with a clear plastic hose "extension", pretty safe to do!

And, you can always tell your better half that you NEED that slug of scotch to get the taste out of your mouth.