Tyler4547

1993 Dometic 3804 Not Cooling

1993 Beaver Contessa.

This frig is not cooling. Have checked propane and voltage. Could be a problem in the control board. Lights not showing functions. Finn's not covered.

What else to check?

And, what is the purpose of the heat tape switch? Have not noticed it lit before

Tyler,

On propane, how far into the cooling cycle does it get:

1. Igniter clicks and gas valve opens?

2. Flame does not stay lit?

3. Flame stays lit but no cooling after 5-6 hours?

Does it cool in shore power/120 VAC?

Have you confirmed 12 VDC to the refrigerator PC board? Lights on front of refrigerator lit?

Tyler, some pictures of the pilot light sensor, that keeps the Gas valve open and the refrigerator working properly. 

From the information you posted regarding the age of the Coach, this is a very high candidate for you problem. along with the information offered by Brett.

Rich.

LP Refrigerator pilot sensor voltage generator tip pictures.pdf

The other item that I left out. Senior Moment  LOL You should also remove the refrigerators roof vent and clean the chimney and the burner box area. 

I have a vacuum accessory kit for cleaning computers and key boards that makes cleaning up the area of the burner much easier.   

If you need any parts for a LRM 1200 Norcold, I have all of the parts, the price is right, just pay for the shipping.

This offer also applies to any other readers.

Jim

Carl,

I replaced it with a residential, best upgrade that we have done, DW will new have a NOCOLD.

Can't give the parts away

Jim